Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 12-24-2013, 08:31 AM   #21
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: [IC] Lost in Dreams [Gabriel]

Wishing her problems away is completely ineffective.

Finding clean water gives mixed results. There is a well, but the water in it has been fouled by blood.

There are various pots and containers with water though. Some of them are clean, at least from dirt.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 08:37 PM   #22
genin

Gabriel will attempt to boil the water over one of the fires to kill any infection. Once it has boiled for a about ten minutes he will let it cool. When it is quite cool, he will moisten the girl's bandages, then he will have her drink some. He'll also drink some.
genin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:19 PM   #23
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

As he is boiling the water, an oversized rat approaches. The creature is about two feet from head to rump, and it's eyes glow. Not simple shine, but glow. The animal is prowling around the iron fence, looking for a way around: despite the fact it could easily slip through an existing gap.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 01-02-2014, 01:48 PM   #24
genin

Gabriel assumes that the rat is an archetype (a mental representation of some particular concept), probably a negative / dangerous one, and that the fence is a representation of some kind of protective thought or element within his mind. The fact that the rat doesn't slip through the gap serves to support this hypothesis.

He will look around and try to prepare, in case the rat finds a way through the protective fence. Are there any sticks that can be used as a weapon (club or preferably quarterstaff length)? If the rat approaches, he will set the stick on fire and brandish it to keep the rat at bay.

Are there any buildings still standing that Gabriel and the girl could retreat to, should the need arise, where they can set up a defensible position, hopefully barricading themselves in. Gabriel is very concerned with the flames and he will not enter a building unless he is reasonably certain that a) it is not on fire and will not catch fire, and b) that he and the girl can escape (out a window, for example) if flames or the rat corner them.

Barring a standing (and not burning) building, Gabriel will look for higher ground to retreat to if the rat finds its way into the village.

Once he has determined these things, Gabriel will turn back to boiling the water and proceeding with his original plan to moisten the girl's bandage and then have drinking water for both the girl and himself.

If the rat gets inside the fence, Gabriel will attempt to bring the boiling water with him as he makes his way to any defensible position, in order to use it as a weapon, but he will prioritize getting to safety over taking the water.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:52 PM   #25
genin

(If he cannot easily prepare or carry both, Gabriel will also prioritize having a burning stick over the boiling water)
Old 01-05-2014, 04:07 PM   #26
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Sticks are plentiful and easy to obtain. The giant rat continues looking, and finds a location where the fence has been knocked completely out of place.

No house is intact enough to use as a defense: whatever destroyed the town was methodical about taking out at least one wall of every house. High ground isn't much of an option, nor is the boiling water (hot pads don't seem to be a thing), but an area enclosed by iron fence does present itself.

Old 01-05-2014, 06:05 PM   #27
genin

Gabriel will take a burning stick in one hand and as many sticks as he can easily carry in his other hand and then shepherd the girl into the enclosure, securing it as best he can.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:28 PM   #28
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

There are number of ways he can barricade the enclosure. He can seal holes in the iron fence with boards and other debris, he can seal off the missing side with boards and debris, or he can try and wall off the missing side with iron.

which route does he take?

Old 01-14-2014, 11:11 AM   #29
genin

It depends on Gabriel's estimation of how soon the rat-creature will reach him. His preference would be to secure the gap with iron; however, if he doesn't think he can do that before the rat gets to him, he will settle for barricading the gap with boards and debris.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:40 AM   #30
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Gabriel is able to barricade the enclosure with a piece of iron fence, propped up against the others. The Rat approaches, circling around the enclosure, quite relectant to enter. After a few circles, it wanders off towards some grain stored in one of the homes.

Tags
lost in dreams