Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars > Car Wars Old Editions

Old 12-15-2009, 04:22 PM   #81
Hemlock

Default Re: Stuff I felt should exist....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSumner View Post
No problem, I'll PM you to get your email address this weekend. Anyone else want one?
*raises left hand*

*raises right hand*

*raises left foot*

*raises right foot*

*falls flat on his arse*

I guess I'd very much like one. Thank you.
Hemlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:48 PM   #82
DocOutlands

Partially reading thru the thread, I can tell ya *I* am interested!
DocOutlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:58 AM   #83
panaikhan

Hehe.. as long as the 'Uncle Schmalbert' section is properly fenced off...
panaikhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 04:06 AM   #84
chaoticsyst3m

Quote:
Originally Posted by panaikhan View Post
Hehe... I might just come up with SmartCar chassis stats.
Same counter size as a bike, probably very close to a subcompact tho design-wise (they're short, but tall).
One can extrapolate the stats for a car that's one level below a subcompact fairly easily.

Microcar - $200, 700 lbs., max. load 1,300 lbs., spaces 4, armor $10/4 lbs. Microcars are represented by a 1/2" x 1/2" counter and have the same HC as a subcompact. They use cycle/trike power plants and tires. They can mount a zero-space turret, but no rocket platforms or EWPs.

Quark - Microcar, x-hvy. chassis, hvy. suspension, medium cycle power plant, 4 PR tires, driver, MML front w/AP rockets, FCD back, SWC (MML). Armor: F20, R20, L20, B15, T2, U3. Accel. 5, top speed 100, HC 4; 1,550 lbs., $5,000.
chaoticsyst3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:05 AM   #85
panaikhan

One Japanese entry for a car of this class can fit four adults and has the same 'footprint' as the SmartCar - and another, sportier model generated 395bhp.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:02 AM   #86
panaikhan

CW Unicycles

These strange vehicles possess only one oversized wheel, the center of which houses the power-plant and other essentials, and provides anchor points for weaponry.

Body Cost: +100%
Wheel: Use Truck wheel values, there is only the single wheel.
Wheel Hubs: Use Car/Truck values. In addition to protecting the wheel, these guards also protect the engine.

Unicycles can only have one occupant, who sits / lies on a form-fitting platform in front of the main wheel. Needless to say, head-on collisions involving Unicycles are usually fatal.
The nature of the single large wheel and low center of gravity increase the HC by one.
Unicycles cannot fit sidecars or Cycle Windshells, but can fit 'turret saddles'
Turret Saddles have turret spaces, and provide an additional body space. They provide the Unicycle with Top, Side and Bottom armour locations, and strengthen the overall design (giving a maximum load increase for the Unicycle).
Turret Saddles have a full 360-degree arc of fire, as they are mounted directly over the central wheel (the highest point of the Unicycle)
If a Unicycle has a Turret Saddle fitted, the central wheel gains protection from the side armour (if any) in the same manner as a Wheelguard. If the wheel also has hubs, the side armour is checked first, then the hub, then the wheel. However, any weapons fire that does strike the wheel itself has a 2 in 6 chance of striking the engine / power plant.

Light Turret Saddle
Price=1000
Weight=200
Max Load=+500
Body Spaces=+1
Turret Spaces=1
ArmorCost=As Cycle
ArmorWeight=As Cycle

Heavy Turret Saddle

Price=2000
Weight=400
Max Load=+800
Body Spaces=+1
Turret Spaces=2
ArmorCost=As Cycle
ArmorWeight=As Cycle

Monocycle Variant
As the Unicycle, but the single wheel is over 6' in diameter, and the whole chassis is suspended in the middle. Targetting modifiers for the wheel remain the same as cycles, for the simple fact that the wheel is not a solid target but a hoop covered in rubber.
A front or rear ram attempt involving a Monocycle -may- result in the Monocycle riding over the other vehicle, providing it is not oversized. Use 'steamroller' rules, taking note of the damage modifiers and Hazard values.
A Monocycle that rams, or one that is rammed from the front or rear, must assign damage to the wheel before any other component, including vehicle armour. A Monocycle that is rammed from the side calculates damage normally.
A Monocycle cannot mount a Turret Saddle - a body modification purely for Monocycles mounts a pair of single-space Sponson Turrets either side of the vehicle, but otherwise conforms to the Heavy Turret Saddle specifications. The weapons in the sponsons must have identical weights - matching weapons may be smart-linked to fire at targets directly in front or behind (the target crosses a theoretical line drawn through the middle of the Monocycle counter, parallel to it's facing)

Monocycle Weapons Platform:
Price=2000
Weight=400
Max Load=+800
Body Spaces=+1
Turret Spaces= 1 + 1
ArmorCost=As Cycle
ArmorWeight=As Cycle

Last edited by panaikhan; 12-22-2009 at 10:01 AM. Reason: added variant
Old 12-23-2009, 06:54 PM   #87
DSumner

Hey gents, I just got back from a five day emergency call up of my NG unit, to deal with all this freaking snow, so I'm running behind on everything. Once I get caught up, I'll finish editing the PDF, and get it out to you. Sorry for the delay.

"Death is certain, life is not."

"No one assails me without punishment"
DSumner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 01:23 AM   #88
panaikhan

Don't worry about it - Real Life always interrupts. Most gamers understand.
Old 12-26-2009, 08:34 PM   #89
Toltrin

Mobile Bee Hive: Space 3, Wht: 200 lbs, $4500.
Ever tried to find honey on the road and just could not? Well the mobile bee hive comes complete with wax, a queen bee and over 3000 bees for your honey producing pleasure! Release the hive in case of pedestrian trouble and the bees will do the rest!
Toltrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:50 AM   #90
DSumner

OK, I'm most finished with this, and hope to have it ready be the weekend. One request, if you guys see any typos, grammatical errors, or something just flat out doesn't make sense to you, could you shoot me a PM, and let me know about it? I'll do my best to fix the problem, and get a corrected copy out to you ASAP. Thanks in advance.

"Death is certain, life is not."

"No one assails me without punishment"
DSumner is offline   Reply With Quote