Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars > Car Wars Old Editions

Old 02-22-2017, 07:32 AM   #181
Racer

Default Re: Stuff I felt should exist....

On the flip side of Pickup bed types if carriers for 10 Wheelers ; how about Pickups with Flatbeds for Cargo ?
I've spotted numerous photos of 'Flatbed Pickups' on the net , but not really seen any in the UK . Body would weigh slightly less - 1,900-1,950lbs perhaps - & less initial Cargo Spaces - 8? - but with potential for more to be stacked . I'll use one in an upcoming scenario , mounting a Snow Machine on the back !

After seeing a few problems with Vehicular Grenade Launchers during games recently , really think their stats/design need looking at ?
Perhaps a short ranged 5 shot Mini Launcher ( that can use 10 shot std GL mags though ) , or a revamp to a 1 Space Weapon .

Civilian players battling on the Road , take one look at the AGL , & sigh with longing . So much so many of us GMs let them use AGLs in wilder less civilised areas . Especially if Bandits & Wreakers use them against players to !
Old 02-23-2017, 04:43 AM   #182
Racer

One Shot Fire Extinguisher :
5lbs & $50 per 10 Spaces of Vehicle being protected ( round up ) , No Spaces .
Plastic tubing that runs through a vehicles interior , where if melted by Fire bursts & sprays heat scouce with Fire Retardant Chemicals . Has a 1-4 chance of putting out internal Fires & 1-3 of those on external equipment ( Tires , EWP, Car Top Carriers etc ) - 1-3 & 1-2 to those on Gas Engined vesicles .
Replacing a OSFE is a Medium Job for a Mechanic , but takes 1 hour per 5 Spaces of Vehicle mounting it ( round up ) due to fiddly pipe work installation , with resulting labour costs .

Saw this item on the BBC's Tomorrows World program about 22 years ago & always thought it would make a good CW item .
Tubing was less than an inch in diameter & extinguished an Compact car's engine fire in under a second . This demo had it installed under the bonnet ( hood ) , but I could easily see it extended throughout a vehicle ? Even a large bus wouldn't have 5 Gallons of liquid in it's One Shot , thus the No Spaces . Pressure cut off valves & cross plumbing would prevent issues of tubes being severed during Combat . Compatible with FEs, IFEs & PFEs , a OSFE activates after those items are triggered - often as a last ditch to prevent damage/explosion .
How do those stats seem ? Any feedback welcome :-)
Old 02-26-2017, 05:28 AM   #183
Blue Ghost

Externally mounted linked foam grenades.
Blue Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 05:27 PM   #184
DSumner

Bumping this up as I had an urge to play around with some of this stuff. I might even add another item or two. ;)

"Death is certain, life is not."

"No one assails me without punishment"
DSumner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 12:57 PM   #185
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toltrin View Post
Mobile Bee Hive: Space 3, Wht: 200 lbs, $4500.
Ever tried to find honey on the road and just could not? Well the mobile bee hive comes complete with wax, a queen bee and over 3000 bees for your honey producing pleasure! Release the hive in case of pedestrian trouble and the bees will do the rest!
And of course this will obviously lead to Laser Guided Bees as an anti Pedestrian weapon ! ;-)
Old 01-04-2021, 10:11 AM   #186
JimTullis

Holy Necromancy Batman!
A 15 year old thread has returned from the dead.

Some pretty neat ideas in here for CWC.
But I thought that they moved all the Classic stuff to the sub forum so that all us old Grognards wouldn't confuse the new 6th edition kids.

Anyone cracked the point value calculations yet so we can write 6th ed cards for our own wacky equipment like the Laser Guided Bees?
JimTullis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 06:57 PM   #187
DSumner

After many moons I've come back hear to tinker with a few items, and add a few more. I'm playing around with the verbiage for a Heat Seeking Missile (HSM), Radar Obscuring Smoke, Electrolasers, and Dual Guidance Warheads, and Top Attack Missiles (and maybe a few others).

"Death is certain, life is not."

"No one assails me without punishment"
DSumner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 09:42 AM   #188
powellhall

ADMIN: (This thread was necro'd from old posts before 6E launched, thread has been moved here, and the below post copied off into a new thread in the 6E area, here: http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=182916 )

Just a few ideas that I jotted down. Nothing has been play-tested. Just some fun ideas…

CARD IDEAS

Dropped Weapon Automatic Switch ACCESSORY
Flip this card to choose a dropped weapon and deploy one of it’s dropped weapon cards or markers after each movement point until the weapon either runs out of ammo or the car’s movement phase ends. This counts as an attack for one of your crew this turn*
2 BP

Dropped Weapon Selector Switch ACCESSORY
Choose a dropped weapon and deploy one of it’s dropped weapon cards or markers after any movement point instead of during the combat phase. This counts as an attack for one of your crew this turn*
1 BP
*Player should “tap” the desired crew card (rotate the card sideways) to remind everyone that this crew member has already made an attack this turn.

Improved Fire Extinguisher ACCESSORY
Lowers the cost to extinguish fires to 1 control each.
2 BP

Smart Link ACCESSORY
Links a turret weapon to any weapon (of the same sub-type?) located on any other facing so that they may be fired together as one attack.
3 BP

Sub-Compact Car- UPGRADE, Body
Take 2 Control tokens and 2 Ace tokens during the take control step.
May not equip more than 1 weapon per facing.
May not equip any weapon worth 6 or more build points.
May not equip any Turret weapon.
0 BP

Compact Car- UPGRADE, Body
Take 1 Control token and 1 Ace token during the take control step.
May not equip more than 1 weapon per facing.
May not equip any weapon worth 6 or more points.
0 BP

Luxury Car- UPGRADE, Body
May equip 1 additional Gunner card. Cannot equip multiple Gunners that share the same name.
May equip a 1 point structure card per side in addition to any other Structure card.
3 BP

Pickup Truck- UPGRADE, Body
May equip a 2 point structure card per side in addition to any other Structure card.
May equip up to two upgrades with the “Frame” sub-type.
3 BP

Last edited by Aleph; 07-05-2022 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Admin relocation
powellhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 01:29 PM   #189
oscar1-1

Small Magazines

Tired of trying to squeeze the most out of your cycles limited spaces and weight? You've short loaded your mag to 10 shots for less for weight, but still using a full Original Equipment magazine? Couldn't you be using that wasted space for say bottles of beer*/streamlining/sloped armour?

See your local dealer with this calculation to send for a Small Magazine, normal loads only (but usual ammo may fit into them):-

(Weapon+Short Load)/(Weapon+Full Load)* Spaces = Space Used

For example:-
MG with 10 shots:-
(150+25=175)/(150+50=200)*1=0.875 space (+0.125 space for beer/1.5 grenades equivalent)
RR with 5 shots:-
(300+25=325)/(300+50=350)*2=1.857 spaces (+0.142 space/1.72 grenades equivalent)

Price would be dependent on the mathematical skills of your local mechanic for a custom magazine with a marginal benefit at best, but I'd suggest $100 to cut down a normal magazine

*Beer may get warm
Old 11-02-2022, 06:31 PM   #190
Racer

After seeing quite a few War Thunder videos , I do think that Road Bombs - Bombs modified to be layed on on a surface by ground vehicles - should be a thing .

And Rolling Bombs - MOBILE Road Bombs too ! *extremely evil grin*