Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Traveller

Old 05-15-2012, 08:16 PM   #1
AndreaVallance

Default JTAS 15th May 2012

My usual attempt to convince people of the wonderful value for money that JTAS is :)

Loren's Editorial: 35 years old? In someways wonderful, in others scary. I've been playing this game over half my life. I remember the 25th anniversary special edition. I just hope SJG does something to mark the 35th.

Adventures in the Zyedl System (4800 words) - Mark Gellis: I like Mark's world write up, they're always good value. But for some reason this one particularly takes me. I tend to set my adventures on these sorts of low population backwaters. They are wonderful settings, far more interesting than high pop worlds IMHO. I especially like the river pirates, adventure in a can there. I rated this one five.

Life on an Iceball (4400 words) - Mark Gellis: Yes! just Yes! I love this one, I'd rate it six if I could. Not only is it my preferred backwater type setting, its loaded with Mark's usual "begin adventure here" points and it's something that's not normally covered.

And Mark, you don't need to say thank you, I'll say thanks to you for writing the things, I don't know where JTAS would be without you :)
AndreaVallance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:07 AM   #2
PoorMerchant

Default Re: JTAS 15th May 2012

I'll second everything Andrew said - low pop backwaters are what Traveller should have been all about. A small ship universe with low populations and infrequent visits by traders - so that when "travellers" arrived there was some reason that they would be engaged to solve a problem...

This was a good issue - I particularly liked the ice-ball article.
PoorMerchant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jtas