Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-06-2009, 06:36 PM   #601
cybermancer2k1

Default Re: List Of your favorite Custom Perks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Carnifex View Post
Blind Memory [Not the best name for it, but I haven't come up with anything better]. You have a knack for remembering the layout of rooms. If you have seen or thoroughly explored a place, you'll remember it. This allows you to move through the room blind or in the dark without tripping over the furniture or falling down the stairs, but you won't know the location of moving objects or people - this is not Blindfighting! Common among people accustomed to be without sight; the GM should consider giving this free to anyone with Blindness as a starting disadvantage.
I saw a movie once where the blind protagonist referred to his (similar) ability as "Shadow Vision" (sorry, I've no idea what that movie was called. Made in the '60s, I think).
Old 11-07-2009, 04:46 AM   #602
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybermancer2k1 View Post
I saw a movie once where the blind protagonist referred to his (similar) ability as "Shadow Vision" (sorry, I've no idea what that movie was called. Made in the '60s, I think).
Scent of a Woman, by any chance?
Old 11-07-2009, 09:21 AM   #603
AmesJainchill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Carnifex View Post
March Step Through training or practice, you've developed a precise stride length. Whether it's a drum corps 22 1/2", military regulation 30", or 2,000 steps to the mile, you can use this talent to measure distances.

Blind Memory [Not the best name for it, but I haven't come up with anything better]. You have a knack for remembering the layout of rooms. If you have seen or thoroughly explored a place, you'll remember it. This allows you to move through the room blind or in the dark without tripping over the furniture or falling down the stairs, but you won't know the location of moving objects or people - this is not Blindfighting! Common among people accustomed to be without sight; the GM should consider giving this free to anyone with Blindness as a starting disadvantage.
Both very good.
AmesJainchill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 03:39 PM   #604
cybermancer2k1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molokh View Post
Scent of a Woman, by any chance?
Nah, found it on the Independent Movie Database: Butterflies Are Free
Old 11-08-2009, 08:03 PM   #605
Ragitsu
Banned

Accustomed Flier. You are immune to the effects of jet lag and similar afflictions.

Bad Accent. You speak with, or can choose to speak with, a stereotypically "bad" accent of any language in which you at least have an Accented comprehension without suffering any kind of Reaction or Influence penalty.
Ragitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:00 PM   #606
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragitsu View Post
Bad Accent. You speak with, or can choose to speak with, a stereotypically "bad" accent of any language in which you at least have an Accented comprehension without suffering any kind of Reaction or Influence penalty.
Finally, something for Steve Martin ... ;)

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:42 AM   #607
Sense of Duty (Kittens)

Safety Inspector- A type of SOP. You are always testing and maintaining equipment. If there is a question of whether something breaks down, assume that it does not.

Prosaic Player- Whenever a skill or advantage would recieve a modifier for PC description, a disadvantage is treated as neutral, and neutral or better gets +1. This has no effect on intercalary roleplaying points.

Last edited by Sense of Duty (Kittens); 11-09-2009 at 12:04 PM.
Sense of Duty (Kittens) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:49 AM   #608
The Benj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sense of Duty (Kittens) View Post
Prosaic Player- Whenever a skill or advantage would recieve a modifier for PC description, a disadvantage is treated as neutral, and neutral or better gets +1.
What does this mean? Is it "When you'd get a bonus for good description, your description is treated as being better than it was"?

Quote:
This has no effect on intercalary roleplaying points.
And this has lost me even further. Does it mean something like "You don't get extra bonus points for roleplaying from this"?
The Benj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:14 AM   #609
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Every Pocket Has a Silver Lining: One item you own, of no larger than pocket-size, will automatically escape notice in a quick frisk or patdown search. The item must be specified in advance and the means described by the player (a lockpick or knife hidden in the lining of a jacket, a watch that seems unremarkable, and so on). A strip search will find this item, however ... this is careful planning and a little good fortune, not magic.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:42 PM   #610
cybermancer2k1

Perceptive: Your sight is speed-geared; you notice things faster than the average person and are thus better at gathering information at a glance. Example: while any driver can read a road sign while driving the interstate, you can read not only the road sign, but the billboard behind it, and retain the relevant information from each.

Game effects:
  • Subtract 20% from the time it takes to find hidden items, conduct research and anything else that requires unobstructed vision.
  • If there is a question as to who in your group is the first to spot something, it's automatically you.
  • If your GM allows use of this in combat (his/her call), be aware that noticing something and being able to react to it are two different things.
  • This perk can be used with the Speed-Reading skill.
Apologies, of course, is this appears elsewhere...

Tags
house rules, perks