Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 10-29-2014, 03:53 AM   #1
Khalis

Default Polymorph potion + Friendship potion

Hey guys, we were playing a game and ended up in a multiple combat situation with several monsters involved in a combat. Where one player were using the polymorph potion to turn one monster into a parrot leaving its treasure behind. The player could still not beat the monster(s) left and then used a friendship potion for turning the other monsters in to friends.

Will this player be allowed to get the treasures from the monster the player turned into a parrot or will the player not get any treasures at all.
Khalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 02:52 PM   #2
Shredhed

Default Re: Polymorph potion + Friendship potion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalis View Post
Hey guys, we were playing a game and ended up in a multiple combat situation with several monsters involved in a combat. Where one player were using the polymorph potion to turn one monster into a parrot leaving its treasure behind. The player could still not beat the monster(s) left and then used a friendship potion for turning the other monsters in to friends.

Will this player be allowed to get the treasures from the monster the player turned into a parrot or will the player not get any treasures at all.
That's a good question, I'd like to see the official ruling. In my opinion, they'd get the treasure from the Poly'd monster, mostly because he didn't have to run away. We know you can't beat one monster and run away from the other, but he didn't run... He didn't lose the fight. The first monster was already poly'd, so when Friendship was played only the remaining monsters were discarded and no treasure given.

Just one person's opinion though, I could definitely see it going the other way as well.

Edit:

Found a post with the answer: http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=35468&page=2

Player would get the treasure for Poly (in the thread it's the Wizard's Charm, but same principle I believe) but not for any monster(s) hit with the Friendship Potion.

Last edited by Shredhed; 01-01-2015 at 03:10 PM.
Shredhed is offline   Reply With Quote