Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-13-2016, 02:48 AM   #21
weby

Default Re: Converting Twilight 2000 for use with GURPS 4e

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptbutton View Post
Don't forget to check your spam folders. I messed up like that the other day.
My spam folder only contains the normal "Add extra size day by day" and "Stop wasting your time looking for loans or any type credit" type things...
Old 10-13-2016, 05:54 AM   #22
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal View Post
you've not attempted to send one to me as yet have you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
Ditto here... I'm still chalking this up to really slow email at the moment...
Quote:
Originally Posted by weby View Post
I have not received the file either.
This is symptomatic of the big attachment causing trouble. It may show up in a week, or never :/

Here's a drop-box link to the PDF. As this counts as redistribution, I would like to include the following disclaimer:

GURPS is a trademark of Steve Jackson Games, and its rules and art are copyrighted by Steve Jackson Games . All rights are reserved by Steve Jackson Games. This game aid is the original creation of Curtis Handsaker and is released for free distribution, and not for resale, under the permissions granted in the Steve Jackson Games Online Policy http://www.sjgames.com/general/online_policy.html
Any distribution of this game aid must include this disclaimer.

I would like to further note that I in no way wish to imply I have any authorship in this project, nor am I a contributor. I'm just re-hosting it.

EDIT: I tried zipping, raring, and 7zipping it up but didn't get any appreciable file compression. I'm leaving it uncompressed to improve accessibility.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 02:01 PM   #23
hal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
This is symptomatic of the big attachment causing trouble. It may show up in a week, or never :/

Here's a drop-box link to the PDF. As this counts as redistribution, I would like to include the following disclaimer:

GURPS is a trademark of Steve Jackson Games, and its rules and art are copyrighted by Steve Jackson Games . All rights are reserved by Steve Jackson Games. This game aid is the original creation of Curtis Handsaker and is released for free distribution, and not for resale, under the permissions granted in the Steve Jackson Games Online Policy http://www.sjgames.com/general/online_policy.html
Any distribution of this game aid must include this disclaimer.

I would like to further note that I in no way wish to imply I have any authorship in this project, nor am I a contributor. I'm just re-hosting it.

EDIT: I tried zipping, raring, and 7zipping it up but didn't get any appreciable file compression. I'm leaving it uncompressed to improve accessibility.
Thanks for the link Bruno. I tried to save it as PDF, but it doesn't show as that, but MHT or something to that effect.
hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 02:04 PM   #24
hal

My bad...

Do not use SAVE AS...

There is a down load button in the upper right that works!

Doh!
Old 10-13-2016, 02:34 PM   #25
adm

Z09SS

On a quick scan, it looks nicely done, thank you.

Bruno

Thank you for re-hosting.
Old 10-13-2016, 03:15 PM   #26
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal View Post
My bad...

Do not use SAVE AS...

There is a down load button in the upper right that works!

Doh!
Yes, sorry. Dropbox only lets me link to that sort of web viewer appy thingy, as far as I can tell. At least, without doing some handstands.
Old 10-13-2016, 03:42 PM   #27
hal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
Yes, sorry. Dropbox only lets me link to that sort of web viewer appy thingy, as far as I can tell. At least, without doing some handstands.
When people speak to me of their poor English and apologize for it, I simply respond "Hey, you can do more than I can.

So, relax. I goofed in not seeing the download button in the upper right of the screen, but found it about 5 seconds after I sent the message as I attempted to close the window. THAT is how I found it *rueful chuckle*.

Thank YOU for your assistance on this. I was hoping to find a conversion of the "Maintenance" rules as well as the wear and tear rules. If someone else did all that hard work, I'd see what they did and see if I liked it. If not, then I'd jury-rig my own rules.

I rather liked the T2K system back in its day. I remember scratching my head on the 1st edition and use of tables for combat damage done to vehicles. To a veteran of Phoenix Command, this was nothing! There are times when I look at GURPS Vehicles rules and those vehicle combat rules and think that GDW's experience with wargaming shows.

In any event - on with life and gaming (or is it gaming and life? Something like that). Thanks to both the original author and you for this...

Hal
Old 10-13-2016, 10:52 PM   #28
evileeyore
Banned

Quote:
Ditto here... I'm still chalking this up to really slow email at the moment...
And it finally arrived.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 07:28 AM   #29
Bruno

Quote:
And it finally arrived.
Yeah.
Email gets delivered by a system that basically equates to one server giving it to another server who's slightly closer to you, repeat until it arrives. It's like you go to the door of an auditorium full of people, throw your parcel to the first person you can get the attention of. They get the attention of someone closer to your target person, and throw the parcel to them, and so on and so forth.

The problem with big attachments is that many servers are configured to reject them. So now you have that auditorium full of people, but you're trying to throw a medicine ball and there's only a few people big enough to catch it. Your medicine ball can't take a straightforward route, unless you're very lucky and all the weightlifters happened to be standing in a row between you and the target. If this means your medicine ball has to take a brief tour out of the room entirely and down the hall and back in a side door, well, that's what it does.
Old 10-15-2016, 02:56 AM   #30
HANS

I have an article on the M16EZ on my blog.
My Pyramid write-ups of the Cadillac V-100 and V-150 armoured cars and the Mi-24V "Hind" attack helicopter are also useful for Twilight: 2000, even if both aren't "core" vehicles. I've covered the Sikorsky UH-60 series as well, although it is for Third Edition.

Cheers

HANS

Tags
2000, gurps, high-tech, twilight