Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-25-2012, 05:29 PM   #11
Sindri

Default Re: Pangaea Ultima

Yeah I'd like a better resolution version too but I haven't turned up much.

I've know a fair amount about how geography produces climate but not as much as I'd like to about supercontinents specifically. I've learned a bit from descriptions of older supercontinents but not in as much detail as I'd like to. Specifically I wonder how the inner sea will impact the normally dry interior.

Yeah I was going with the assumption that water travel will be quite important between the inner sea and smaller continent and the dry interior. Although the sea and coastal areas are also harsh places.

There are actually a fair amount of islands on Pangaea Ultima given it's resolution and how there probably should be at least some less islands one a supercontinent. Should I add more?
Sindri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:28 AM   #12
dcarson

Isolated islands can form from volcanic hot spots. Hawaii is just the end of a long chain as the sea floor drifts over the hot spot. Reaches as a series of seamounts past Midway Island. So a single island or a chain of them can go just about anywhere you want.
dcarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:47 AM   #13
Sindri

Yes but most islands are formed by tectonics not hot spots. The hot spots islands would naturally not be added so I suppose I should add some since it would be odd for there to be none. Is the number of tectonically formed islands lower than it should be given it's resolution?
Sindri is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
climate, geography, geology, map, maps