Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-07-2011, 07:37 PM   #1
Trachmyr

Default Radial Symetry Advantage?

I seem to recall something to that effect in the 3e Uplift book, but is there anything like that for 4e? If not, what would be a suggested price?

Specificly, I'm looking for an advantage that makes every hex side a front side for movement & facing change. I know 360 vision will cover removing flank attacks, but I want to be able to travel in any direction, never have to spend MP to change facings, and never have to worry about extra MP cost for flying backwards.

The creature is a will'o'wisp like gaseous sphere and lacks legs/arms/head, so "shield" and "weapon" side are inconsequential to what I need.
Trachmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:55 AM   #2
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Default Re: Radial Symetry Advantage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trachmyr View Post
Specificly, I'm looking for an advantage that makes every hex side a front side for movement & facing change. I know 360 vision will cover removing flank attacks, but I want to be able to travel in any direction, never have to spend MP to change facings, and never have to worry about extra MP cost for flying backwards.
It's probably reasonably a Perk with 360 vision as a prereq.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:03 AM   #3
Bruno

I'd say it's better than a perk - the movement benefits are pretty significant in a tactical situation. But I wouldn't say more than about 5 points off-hand.

You'll need more than 360 vision though if the wisp (or other creature) has limbs - otherwise you'll still have problems attacking and defending to your back due to joint-rotation limitations. Double-Jointed will clean that up for you, or you can designate some limbs to be backwards facing for free - but they'd have difficulty attacking to your front.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:07 AM   #4
Brandy

Here's an old discussion on it. Near the end, there is a post from tbone with some links to his suggestions.