Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 12-29-2010, 11:59 AM   #1
Easy2putt

Default Taking treasure

In the flowchart (after killing a monster in combat) it says to: Level up -> Loot the Room -> Take the appropriate # of Treasure

..it just seems smoother to level up, get treasure, then draw your LTR (door) card..no? does it matter?
Easy2putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:12 PM   #2
Blu

Default Re: Taking treasure

If you face a monster in combat, whether you win or lose, you will not get a "loot the room" card at all. The only time you get a "LTR" card is if you face no monster in combat at all; with maybe a few exceptions caused by certain card interactions.
Blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:25 PM   #3
Easy2putt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu View Post
If you face a monster in combat, whether you win or lose, you will not get a "loot the room" card at all. The only time you get a "LTR" card is if you face no monster in combat at all; with maybe a few exceptions caused by certain card interactions.
Hmm..in the flowchart (sorry..it's on on of the links on this site..) it SPECIFICALLY shows that after the "You killed the Monster(s), Increase your Level appropriately." box, it shows a down arrow "->" pointing to a Loot the Room circle..and then a "->" to "Take the appropriate number of Treasure cards..." box.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:30 PM   #4
Blu

I'm sure that refers to the phase.
I just know that you don't get an actual door card if you face a monster. I guess Erik or Andrew will have to do the technical specifications, but you don't. In most instances, you get treasure from defeating a monter, or you get a door card when you loot the room.

Ok, here's from the new rules, page 2, under turn phases:

(3) Loot the room: If you did NOT find a monster by kicking open the door and you did not Look For Trouble, you loot the room....draw a second card from the Door deck, face down....

So there it is in the paper rules anyway....
Blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:37 PM   #5
ComBAT

In addition to Blu's comments, if you look at the other Loot the Room bubble, it specifically points to a box that gives details on looting the room. Each arrow seems to point to instructions, even after the phase.

I can understand the confusion, but the instructions following each Loot the Room phase bubble are accurate as to what you can or must do next.
ComBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:48 PM   #6
Easy2putt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComBAT View Post
In addition to Blu's comments, if you look at the other Loot the Room bubble, it specifically points to a box that gives details on looting the room. Each arrow seems to point to instructions, even after the phase.

I can understand the confusion, but the instructions following each Loot the Room phase bubble are accurate as to what you can or must do next.
Yes, ok, so I will omit the LTR circle in the flowchart after killing the monster in combat. I would just get a level, collect treasure and then charity.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:14 PM   #7
snarky

The flowchart is a little confusing...the "Loot the Room" after you defeat a monster in the flowchart is where you take your treasure.

The "Loot the Room" if you do not encounter a monster is where you take a face-down door card.

Combat... -> "You Killed the Monster(s). Increase your level appropriately" -> "Loot the Room" -> "Take the appropriate number of Treasure cards, face down if you were alone, face up if you had a Helper"...

versus

"Do you have a monster in your hand?" -> "Do you wish to fight this monster?" -N-> "Loot the Room" -> "Take one Door card face down and place it in your hand or put it into play right now" -> Charity
snarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:22 PM   #8
RevBob

Please note that the flowchart was created before the v1.5 rules revisions, and it has not been updated to account for those. This is one place where the flowchart matches the old rules but not the new ones; "Loot the Room" used to be where you'd either draw a Door card (no combat) or gain combat rewards. That confused people, so the 1.5 rules clarified it...and thus that part of the flowchart isn't quite correct.

Looking for a St. Aosbczkcs medal.

Last edited by RevBob; 12-29-2010 at 01:25 PM.
RevBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:38 PM   #9
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

In fact, I'd really prefer if that flowchart were taken offline until we can revise it. Someone please remind me to poke the webmaster about it.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:46 PM   #10
MunchkinMan

And I need to find time to work on fixing it. I might just have that on this laptop. . .
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flowchart, loot the room