Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2015, 10:55 AM   #1
kracht

Default [Banestorm] Your Megalos

Hi everybody,

I write to hear the opinions and experience of those of you who are fans of the Yrth setting. I have always liked it a lot. In the early years 2000s, my last attempt at gaming with my old group was to play a siege of Blythe by lizard men (in Banestorm 4e I read that Blythe was in fact taken by lizard men in 2001, so I was canonized, apparently!).

Something that has always intrigued me (and bugged me) was the relative underdevelopment of Megalos, as opposed to Caithness or Cardiel. How did you fleshed out the Empire, aesthetically, technologically and so on? Do you imagine it on analogy to the Holy Roman Empire? Do you take the stated inspiration by the original Roman Empire more literally?

More specifically, how do you imagine the Megalan legions? The official sources diverge on this topic. The 3e Mass Combat rules (Compendium II) note in passing that pikemen are the standard troop type in the legions, while 4e MA: Yrth Fighting Styles present the legionaries as spearmen with shields. This might make a pretty big difference. If the former is the case, one could even imagine an equivalent of the real world pike-and-shot approach, in the form of pike-and-magic missile. What do you think?
kracht is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
banestorm, megalos