Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Pyramid

Old 06-13-2013, 07:28 AM   #1
Mailanka

Default [Old Pyramid] Suppressed Transmission missing?

So I'm digging through my old archives looking for old suppressed transmission articles, which is a pain because they're not conveniently titled, and I notice I'm having a hard time finding some of the older/more famous articles, like Ancient Astronaut Steel Cage Deathmatch or Clio's Nightmare or the one regarding Irem of the Pillars.

Is there something wrong with my archives (I still have the original zipped files, if I need to unzip them again and look if I must, but my unzipped versions look pretty accurate)? Do the rest of you have them? Were they pulled because they're in the ST books? If I buy those, plus my archives, will I have the complete set of ST?
Old 06-13-2013, 07:37 AM   #2
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated

Location: East of the moon, west of the stars, close to buses and shopping
Default Re: [Old Pyramid] Suppressed Transmission missing?

A quick check for "nightmares" turns up a handful of "Clio's Nightmares" articles (for example, 1031.8.html in 2003 and 1028.3.html in 2005). If you don't have those files, then yes, there's something wrong with yours. If you do, then there's more likely something wrong with your search technology.

That said, it looks like the ST articles don't often have the words "Suppressed Transmission" or "Kenneth Hite" in them, so they do look like an utter pain to search for if you don't know exactly what you're looking for.

Buy my Warehouse 23 stuff, dammit!
Turhan's Bey Company is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:46 AM   #3
Mailanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turhan's Bey Company View Post
A quick check for "nightmares" turns up a handful of "Clio's Nightmares" articles (for example, 1031.8.html in 2003 and 1028.3.html in 2005). If you don't have those files, then yes, there's something wrong with yours. If you do, then there's more likely something wrong with your search technology.

That said, it looks like the ST articles don't often have the words "Suppressed Transmission" or "Kenneth Hite" in them, so they do look like an utter pain to search for if you don't know exactly what you're looking for.
Yes they are, which is why I'm never sure if I'm actually missing files, or if I'm searching for the wrong titles/words. I did find The House of Clio's Nightmare. I still can't find some of the others, but that doesn't mean they're not there.

Hmmm, I'll have to keep looking.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:12 AM   #4
Mailanka

The oldest suppressed transmission I can find in my archives is 0203 from 2000: The Suppressed Transmission Tarot IV: the Suit of Cups. I can't find any Suppressed Transmissions in 1999. Can anyone else confirm this?
Old 06-13-2013, 12:21 PM   #5
Mailanka

I broke down and bought Suppressed Transmission, and I can confirm that there are no articles from the dates listed available in my archives. I don't know if something screwed up my download, or if there are just holes in the archive.

Shame.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:36 PM   #6
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated

Location: East of the moon, west of the stars, close to buses and shopping

Can you provide a sample phrase or two from an early ST to search for? Since they're not necessarily marked as ST or Hite articles, I'm not sure how I'd go about looking for them in the archive.

Buy my Warehouse 23 stuff, dammit!
Turhan's Bey Company is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pyramid 2, suppressed transmission