Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 07-26-2018, 06:04 PM   #141
JLV

Default Re: The Fantasy Trip Live on Kickstarter Now!

Interesting stat, for those of us playing at home...we are currently sitting at 1528 backers after four days of the Kickstarter. By comparison, Dungeon Fantasy finished with 1587 backers. If the backer number is important for future TFT products (and it definitely is), then we are doing something right!

(At the other extreme, OGRE Designer's Edition -- Steve's most successful Kickstarter thus far -- finished out with 5512, and we are still getting OGRE products to this day. So we clearly have a benchmark to strive for in terms of number of backers! :D )
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 08:34 PM   #142
JLV

Looks like the $120K goal is now officially "toast." ;-)

And we now have a "complete" collection (of the three types they showed us, anyway, they might have more...) of the Dry-Erase Megahex sheets! Woo hoo!
Old 07-27-2018, 02:36 AM   #143
RobW

I pledged for a single "I want it all", but now would like to change to two Legacy editions. I upped my pledge from $110 to $120, but kickstarter still has me down for "I want it all". Does anyone know for sure whether I'll be able to make this change when the time comes?
RobW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 02:45 AM   #144
Rick_Smith

Default Changing pledges on Kickstarter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobW View Post
I pledged for a single "I want it all", but now would like to change to two Legacy editions. I upped my pledge from $110 to $120, but kickstarter still has me down for "I want it all". Does anyone know for sure whether I'll be able to make this change when the time comes?
Hi RobW,
There is a button for "Manage My Pledge". If you delete your old pledge and make a new one it might work. I'm guessing here, I've never tried it.

Warm regards, Rick.
Rick_Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 09:36 AM   #145
JLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobW View Post
Rob, here's the way I did it:

Pledged for 1 "I want it all..." pledge. Decided I wanted a second Legacy Edition. Added $60 to my pledge total for a second Legacy Edition (scroll down to the bottom of the page to see the add-ons). I made a note on my Backer List for this Kickstarter saying "Added $60 for an additional copy of Legacy Edition."

I then decided I wanted a copy each of Melee and Wizard to give to a friend. They're $15 each in the add-on section. Added $30 more to my pledge and made another note (this one read; "Added $15 for an extra copy of Melee. Added $15 for an extra copy of Wizard.").

I then decided I wanted some character pads for both Melee and Wizard characters (I plan to rebuild my long gone "pool" of NPCs), so I added the money and added to my note.

Throughout this entire process, it states that I'm still "just" an "I want it all..." backer, even though my add-on total is currently up to $260!

Why the notes on my Backer List? Because by the time the Kickstarter or Backerkit survey comes out (usually a few months after the Kickstarter ends), I may very well have forgotten exactly what I pledged all that extra money for, but by making a thorough set of notes, I can fill out my form with exactly what I wanted without beating my head on a wall.

In short, you won't see your pledge level change (you can only do one pledge level at a time) but you WILL see your money total go up, and then all you have to do is remember what you wanted.

One final note -- you currently can't get a second copy of "I want it all..." since that's not available as an add-on, however, the Legacy Edition IS an add-on (both the full boxed set at $60, and just the book at $25), and the only thing the Legacy Edition add-on DOESN'T have currently is the Playmats from Dyson Logos. Unfortunately, I don't know how you get a second copy of those, short of having a friend pledge for "I want it all..." for you. However you could probably write Phil or Steve and see if they can send you two copies of the "I want it all..." pledge somehow... Or, perhaps, they'll put the Playmats on the add-on list at some point and that problem will be solved.

(BTW, Rick's suggestion won't work -- you can't double pledge your level and get two copies of the pledge -- all you can do is raise your money total (or change your payment method, or cancel your pledge entirely) via the "Manage Pledge" button...)

Hope this helps!
Old 07-27-2018, 11:56 AM   #146
ak_aramis

Note the $15 for doubled MegaHex set.

I certainly did... and that's new as of today!

Thank-you, SJG!
ak_aramis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 12:55 PM   #147
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLV View Post
One final note -- you currently can't get a second copy of "I want it all..." since that's not available as an add-on, however, the Legacy Edition IS an add-on (both the full boxed set at $60, and just the book at $25), and the only thing the Legacy Edition add-on DOESN'T have currently is the Playmats from Dyson Logos. Unfortunately, I don't know how you get a second copy of those, short of having a friend pledge for "I want it all..." for you. However you could probably write Phil or Steve and see if they can send you two copies of the "I want it all..." pledge somehow... Or, perhaps, they'll put the Playmats on the add-on list at some point and that problem will be solved.
There is not a way to add a second 'I Want It All" reward to a pledge.

As to extras of the playmats: Stay tuned.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 01:07 PM   #148
Evilboy

The $130k goal is Tollenkar's Lair cover in color...

LOL, it just occurred to me that it's been shown in black and white all this time...
Evilboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 01:10 PM   #149
JLV

I would also add that the "I want it all..." pledge will eventually (when we hit the stretch goal) have the printed Companion which the Legacy set will not have -- so now there are two things there that you would need to "add" as extras (assuming that SJG makes that possible) in order to match the "I want it all..." pledge.

Of note, once the stretch goal is met, the Legacy Edition PDF WILL HAVE the Companion as part of the PDF, so you'll still get it, just not in dead tree format.

Edited to add: Oops, looks like the $126K goal just fell! Onto a color Tollenkar's Lair cover!

Last edited by JLV; 07-27-2018 at 01:20 PM.
Old 07-27-2018, 02:43 PM   #150
Evilboy

With all the Space Gamer articles being published, I was wondering if one in particular could be included...

Steve wrote a "Designer's Notes" article once after the game came out, about it's path through development, and his thoughts after the fact. I don't remember if it was actually in Space Gamer, but could this article be included as well (assuming the proper goals are reached)?

I always found it a entertaining read, and I think it would be a appropriate article to include with this revival...:-)

Edit: Aha! Google-Fu tells me it was in issue #29; "Designer Notes and Errata for The Fantasy Trip". By the way, if this article was already planned, then apologies and thanks!
Evilboy is offline   Reply With Quote