Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-27-2013, 07:03 PM   #1
Onkl

Default Perk to multiply RoF with Extra Attack

Hi guys

In a cinematic game I'm pondering over, I'd like to give my players the ability to use Extra Attack (Multistrike) as described in Gun Fu, page 15. In addition I would like to create a Perk which would allow - if bought alongside Extra Attack - to allow to use full RoF once per Attack with the same weapon.

Now, would this count as a "Rule Exemption" perk. Or should this be an Enhancement for the Extra Attack Advantage?

I thought about something like this:

Well Oiled (Specific Gun) [1]
When using the specified gun in an Extra Attack, you may use full RoF for every Attack.

What do you think, would that be ok? Also, if you got a better name for the perk, please let me know.

Cheers!

Onkl
Onkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:07 PM   #2
Langy

Default Re: Perk to multiply RoF with Extra Attack

That looks acceptable to me as a Rules Exemption perk. It's certainly no less overpowered than a large number of others in Gun Fu!
Langy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:39 PM   #3
Christopher R. Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkl View Post
Hi guys

In a cinematic game I'm pondering over, I'd like to give my players the ability to use Extra Attack (Multistrike) as described in Gun Fu, page 15. In addition I would like to create a Perk which would allow - if bought alongside Extra Attack - to allow to use full RoF once per Attack with the same weapon.

Now, would this count as a "Rule Exemption" perk. Or should this be an Enhancement for the Extra Attack Advantage?

I thought about something like this:

Well Oiled (Specific Gun) [1]
When using the specified gun in an Extra Attack, you may use full RoF for every Attack.

What do you think, would that be ok? Also, if you got a better name for the perk, please let me know.

Cheers!

Onkl
Looks good to me.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:50 PM   #4
Onkl

Thanks guys! :)

Onkl
Old 10-27-2013, 07:52 PM   #5
Langy

As far as the name, I might go with 'Well-Oiled Machine' and have it apply to an entire specific guns specialty, rather than just a single specific weapon. The 'well-oiled machine' part would then be about the character, not the gun.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:39 PM   #6
Onkl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langy View Post
As far as the name, I might go with 'Well-Oiled Machine' and have it apply to an entire specific guns specialty, rather than just a single specific weapon. The 'well-oiled machine' part would then be about the character, not the gun.
Will do, sounds promising, thank you!
Old 10-27-2013, 11:08 PM   #7
kirbwarrior

Quote:
The cool thing about this is then taking it for Guns! for very cinematic characters.
kirbwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:05 AM   #8
malloyd

Quote:
I don't think I'd do that, 4e rate of fire often is the mechanical limit on the action cycling. There are already rules for dividing shots between several targets with things like suppressive fire without an Extra Attack, though since RoF largely amounts to "small bonus to hit with chance of higher damage" it probably won't actually cause any of those rules to break too badly.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:07 AM   #9
Langy

Quote:
Originally Posted by malloyd View Post
I don't think I'd do that, 4e rate of fire often is the mechanical limit on the action cycling. There are already rules for dividing shots between several targets with things like suppressive fire without an Extra Attack, though since RoF largely amounts to "small bonus to hit with chance of higher damage" it probably won't actually cause any of those rules to break too badly.
Yeah, I know - it's a physically impossible thing that the OP asked for.

But this is apparently for a Gun Fu game. Physically impossible isn't such a big burden in that genre.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:46 AM   #10
malloyd

Quote:
Yeah, I know - it's a physically impossible thing that the OP asked for.

But this is apparently for a Gun Fu game. Physically impossible isn't such a big burden in that genre.
Still, limited to one specific gun it actually is sort of plausible (you've modified the gun) and it's much less likely to surprise you by breaking some other gun fired with the same skill that has done something bizarre with RoF for purposes of working with one of those edge case rules.

Tags
extra attack, perk, perks