Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2013, 04:13 PM   #1
Raekai
World's Worst Detective

Default Online Gaming Resources Discussion/Help

Can I do that? Sure, I can! I think...

I haven't seen anything anything like this float around lately, and I've taken the liberty to look for similar threads.

I'm making a motion to discuss gaming resources from online sources, or even sites themselves. I'm aware of roll20.net as well as RPTools - Maptool, and I'm sure that a fair amount of us are familiar with our own GURPS Character Assistant. However, these are all very common tools, and I know that Maptool is pretty out of date, and I can't get it to run well on my laptop. That leaves the question... What else is out there? Maybe some of you just keep things organized in Excel or OneNote. Maybe some of you have even created cool tools for others to use.
  • What's something to use to keep track of an adventure/battle?
  • What's something to use for tracking FP/HP?
  • What's something to use for organizing monsters and NPCs?
  • What's something to use to quickly calculate damage even with those pesky modifiers?
  • What's something to use for making an organized virtual map?
The monsters and NPCs one is super important to me, personally. I'm trying to find a good system to do it. Here is an example of what I'm trying to do.
In Example1, The top part and the first column are both locked, and the top part is what I copy over to my adventure log (Example2) for reference, but it's just not small enough or easy enough. There should be a way to copy it over in a small space and make that space like a separate piece that can scroll when it's selected, etc. If I could do that, it would make my life a lot easier, but that's how I have it now. Hey, if anyone can help me with Excel, I'll gladly take it. And Example3 is a good way for me to keep inventory as well as make sure I am aware of their quirks/disadvantages when I need them.
Raekai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gurps, maps, npcs, online, resources