Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 01-03-2009, 01:49 AM   #1
alexonfyre

Default Variants

Hey, I was wondering what variants, if any, you guys use on your games. I personally find the MQ set very versatile and have been working on my own variants, one of which is almost a completely new game. I still enjoy the original of course, but the set is so versatile I couldn't help myself.
The first one I have written up over at BGG, it is about streamlining the game a little bit and getting more players involved in every turn, you can see it here.

Last edited by alexonfyre; 01-03-2009 at 09:58 AM.
alexonfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:51 AM   #2
worms919

Default Re: Variants

I guess you didn't hear about the contest? I think you have two more days to make a submission, but posting it on the board may be against the rules... Good Luck!
worms919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:57 AM   #3
alexonfyre

No, I didn't, I guess I will go ahead and edit my rules out, original question will still remain though.

Thanks!
Old 01-03-2009, 03:46 PM   #4
Quaff_fu

Quote:
Originally Posted by worms919
but posting it on the board may be against the rules... Good Luck!
I never seen any rule against posting house rules.

I say your house rules are a little more then a Variant (varying usually slightly from the standard form).

Pat

Last edited by Quaff_fu; 01-03-2009 at 03:51 PM.
Quaff_fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 01:31 PM   #5
alexonfyre

Yeah, it is actually a bunch of variants all tied together with some new mechanics... so yeah, basically a new game.

I usually would just play the regular rules, if I use a variant it would be gaining one move per turn (1 on first, 2 on second, 3 on third) until you have three. Or having each player move their monsters on their own turn.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:18 PM   #6
worms919

I meant posting it might be against the contest rules, not the board rules. Since the winning entry becomes the property of SJ Games, I'm assuming they don't want them posted to the public forum, similar to card submissions.

I just didn't want him to get disqualified on a technicality because I thought it was a pretty cool idea...
worms919 is offline   Reply With Quote