Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2018, 06:57 AM   #461
philreed
Chief Executive Officer
 
philreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Default Re: The Fantasy Trip Live on Kickstarter Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaraxes View Post
Another good point that I hadn't considered -- no shipping in the KS pledges.

Thanks for helping me understand the differences in those numbers.
Dividing -- make the game vs ship the game -- between Kickstarter and BackerKit makes it easier for us to manage the project. In our experience, collecting shipping in Kickstarter skews everything and is a risky approach.

And as shipping costs continue to climb, keeping a separation between the two is important.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 04:13 PM   #462
Mallen the dark
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Carrollton, Newnan area of Ga
Default Re: The Fantasy Trip Live on Kickstarter Now!

I am confused. Maybe I did this wrong.

I was not part of the kickstarter campaign, but backerkit allowed me to pre-order the legecy set. Now I am trying to find my survey. Would I not have one? Do I need to setup a backerkit account?

Just want to do this right now that can afford to.
Mallen the dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 05:02 PM   #463
philreed
Chief Executive Officer
 
philreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Default Re: The Fantasy Trip Live on Kickstarter Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallen the dark View Post
I am confused. Maybe I did this wrong.

I was not part of the kickstarter campaign, but backerkit allowed me to pre-order the legecy set. Now I am trying to find my survey. Would I not have one? Do I need to setup a backerkit account?

Just want to do this right now that can afford to.
You’re all done. There is no survey if you weren’t part of the kickstarter project. At this point, all you have to do is wait for your preorder to be delivered.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:11 AM   #464
Terquem
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Idaho Falls
Default Re: The Fantasy Trip Live on Kickstarter Now!

would someone help me understand exactly what "Option Cards" are I don't think I'm getting the full picture
Terquem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 03:01 PM   #465
RVA_Grandpa
 
RVA_Grandpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Richmond, VA, USA
Default Re: The Fantasy Trip Live on Kickstarter Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terquem View Post
would someone help me understand exactly what "Option Cards" are I don't think I'm getting the full picture
They appear to be cards that lists individually the options for engaged and disengaged fighters/wizards. The wording in the example is the same as the options on the on the pdf of the GM screen.

I think they might be useful when teaching the game to new players.
__________________
RVA_Grandpa
-----------------------------------------
We never really grow up; we only learn how to act in public.

Last edited by RVA_Grandpa; 10-11-2018 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Add text
RVA_Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 03:57 PM   #466
Terquem
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Idaho Falls
Default Re: The Fantasy Trip Live on Kickstarter Now!

thank you - so a deck of these cards would be how many of them?
Terquem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 05:09 PM   #467
Chris Rice
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: London Uk, but originally from Scotland
Default Re: The Fantasy Trip Live on Kickstarter Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terquem View Post
thank you - so a deck of these cards would be how many of them?
I think there are 22 options or thereabouts, so each "deck" would need that many cards on the face of it. You'd probably want 1 of these decks per player for normal play. However, since you're only using one option each it should be possible to "double side" the cards in the manner used in Gunslinger, so you'd only need half that number of cards. That would mean a deck of 44 cards would accommodate 4 players.
Chris Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 05:33 PM   #468
hcobb
 
hcobb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Pacheco, California
Default Re: The Fantasy Trip Live on Kickstarter Now!

If I make my tactics roll can I get the other side to flip over their option cards?
__________________
-HJC
hcobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 05:21 AM   #469
philreed
Chief Executive Officer
 
philreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Default Re: The Fantasy Trip Live on Kickstarter Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcobb View Post
If I make my tactics roll can I get the other side to flip over their option cards?
You do not randomly draw/play the cards. These are player aids, not forced actions.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 05:22 AM   #470
philreed
Chief Executive Officer
 
philreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Default Re: The Fantasy Trip Live on Kickstarter Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rice View Post
I think there are 22 options or thereabouts, so each "deck" would need that many cards on the face of it. You'd probably want 1 of these decks per player for normal play. However, since you're only using one option each it should be possible to "double side" the cards in the manner used in Gunslinger, so you'd only need half that number of cards. That would mean a deck of 44 cards would accommodate 4 players.
Personally, I would back disengaged/engaged options and have the three HTH options as three different cards.

Then, a player need only look at the appropriate side depending on the in-game situation.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.