Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 02-01-2011, 09:32 PM   #1
EpicDermis

Default Conflict over Run Away enhancers

So, I haven't been able to really find a straight answer for this, but my friends and I played The Good, The Bad and The Munchkin the other night. The Level 1 Tumbleweed was encountered, and the level 20 The Grim Roper was added by another player with a Wandering Monster.

The person fighting it had normal Run Away, so the other person played Lickety Split! when they tried to Run Away (+2 against their Run Away).

The person that played all these cards argued that since it would increase the lowest Run Away roll to 7, the person fighting the monsters could not Run Away.

So the person fighting played a Loaded Die, but the original argument was brought up that the Loaded Die would not apply in this case. As the owner of the game, I ruled that you still have to have a chance to Run Away since the card did not specifically state that the person fighting could not Run Away. I also ruled that since there are only six sides on a d6, you can't just increase the Run Away to anything higher than 6.

Does anyone have an idea as to what the rule on this would/should be? I'm just trying to make it fair gameplay for everyone.
EpicDermis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:52 PM   #2
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: Conflict over Run Away enhancers

The instructions on Loaded Die are written very specifically: you physically turn the die to show the number you want. Any penalties or bonuses to the roll are applied after you do this, because the number you turn it to is considered to be your die roll, not a final result.

So if you have Run Away penalties that mean you have to have a 7 or higher, Loaded Die won't help.

(Yes, I'm back in town. No, I'm not answering all your questions tonight. Andrew needs sleep, badly.)

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
house rule, rules, rules interpretation, run away