Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-28-2010, 05:35 AM   #1
gilbertocarlos

Default Slings Problems/House Rules

I have had some problems with slings, but with the idea that sometime in the future LT would come and save the universe, I just waited, but now, even with LT here, the problems continue, and here they are:

1)Accuracy
The Sling have Acc 0, while the Staff sling have Acc 1, the problem is because, even I don't being a master slinger, I "shoot" with both, and it is much easier(Read less harder) to use hit with a sling than with a Staff-sling.

My house rule:
Change the sling and the bola perdida to Acc 1, change the staff sling to Acc 0.

2)Reloading Time
All slings have 1(2) in reloading time, about the sling I don't complain, because it is possible to shoot once every 3 seconds using a side arm throw, and if I complained people would say about Heroic Realism and all that... but for a heavy sling, you have to:
first: change grips and take the sling part.
second: put the sling part into the staff part.
third: take a stone/bullet in your hand(no time with fast draw).
fourth: put the stone/bullet in the sling-pouch.
fifth: change grips again.
This assuming a very good training(the gurps default). Many people would need about 10 seconds for reload and throw.

My house rule:
Change the reload time to sling, heavy sling and dart sling reload time to 1(3), and the staff sling to 1(5).

3)Reloading techniques
It is possible to reload a sling with a shield, all you need to do is take an extra second to put the stone/bullet in the shield hand, and after taking the sling cord, another second to put the stone/bullet in the sling.

My house rule:
With a shield, the reloading time of the sling becomes 1(5).

4)Bullet weight
Most sling bullets are indeed light, but sling stones aren't, also, stones/bullets for staff-slings are heavier.

My house rule:
Double the weight of sling stones, also, double the weight of staff sling stones and bullets.
Edit:Staff-sling bullets being heavier, give more damage, increase to sw+2 the staff sling damage.

Last edited by gilbertocarlos; 10-28-2010 at 06:05 AM.
gilbertocarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:06 PM   #2
Bruno

Default Re: Slings Problems/House Rules

Stones for staff slings are 1 lb each - that's a half-brick. You use a whole brick?
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:37 PM   #3
gilbertocarlos

Default Re: Slings Problems/House Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
Stones for staff slings are 1 lb each - that's a half-brick. You use a whole brick?
Stones for HEAVY slings are 1lb each, I didn't saw anywhere about 1 lb ammunition for staff slings. The weapon tables say 0.05lb for any staff sling ammo.
gilbertocarlos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
house rule, low tech, reload, sling, staff sling