Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > The Gnomes of Zurich > Gamer Finder

Old 12-27-2017, 01:37 PM   #1
Stripe

Default Gorefest Dungeon, Online Game Seeking Players for 4th Season

Greetings!

Gorefest Dungeon is starting its fourth season. We play using the Roll20.net virtual table top and use Discord for voice communication. We play once a week. This season, we will play from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. Central Time (UTC -6:00) every Sunday. We plan to start January 7.

You must have the Dungeon Fantasy Role-Playing Game and a microphone headset to play.

Don't let Roll20.net or Discord deter you from playing! Both are browser-based applications (though I would suggest actually installing Discord) and have a negligible setup time or learning curve. If you're a member of the SJ Games forums, you can just as easily sign up for and use both those Web sites.

I once thought nothing was better than a face-to-face game around mom's kitchen table or on the coffee table down in the basement, and it's true those are wonderful places. However, don't knock the VTT until you try it! I've found that I like it every bit as well if not better. The differences are only subtle. Sure, being in the same room is preferable, but no travel time seems to be more important these days. Play in your underwear! Eat your own pizza and drink your own damn soda!

Here is an example of my VTT dungeon artwork:

https://image.ibb.co/mSF6xm/Antepiece_014.png

Character Creation

We have positions available for two more players.

We're using pure rules as written. Create characters using templates from Adventurers to the letter. Do not use GURPS sources, only DF RPG.

Currently, we have a Knight, Scout and Cleric.

Everyone is using GURPS Character Sheet (GCS), so it's preferable, but not necessary.

We played one "recruitment" session. The three players—two of whom were new to Gorefest—entered the multi-level dungeon, slew a small horde of goblin-kin, and rescued the merchant blacksmith's daughter all in one five-hour session. We had a fun time!

If you'd like to join or want more information, either reply to this thread or PM me here.

Thanks!

Background

Between 2011 and 2012, I decided I wanted to be like the other cool kids here on the forums and start a blog about dungeon crawl adventures using the Dungeon Fantasy line of supplements. After 25 years of experience in the game master's chair, I considered myself as worthy as anyone to give advice. However, all my experience was centered on running games that were heavily plot and role-playing driven with little emphasis on combat—the exact opposite of a down-and-town dungeon crawl! I quickly learned that very little of my experience translated to this completely different and highly tactical style of game play. I decided that I shouldn't be one to offer others guidance.

That was more than four years ago. I'm far from an expert now, but I have gained a trove of useful wisdom and resources after three years of running Dungeon Fantasy sessions.

This season, we decided to switch to the new DF RPG and are glad we did. It's fantastic.

Here is a link to Gorefest Dungeon's background story and a recap of the first session's game play:

https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/58...-session-recap

Thanks for reading and considering joining Gorefest Dungeon!
if I can't say 'I'm chaotic evil!'"? —Jeff Freeman
Stripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 08:32 AM   #2
dripton

Default Re: Gorefest Dungeon, Online Game Seeking Players for 4th Season

Hi Stripe,

I'm interested in playing in Gorefest Dungeon. I will start working on a character for your review soonish.
dripton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 11:15 AM   #3
InfinitePudding

I'll be playing the Swashbuckler, :) Thanks Stripe.
InfinitePudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 11:31 AM   #4
Stripe

Good to hear, Dripton!

With WW taking a Swashbuckler, the other templates are Knight, Cleric, and Scout. So, a Wizard would be great if you enjoy playing those. I would not recommend a Martial Artist or Druid. A Barbarian or Holy Warrior would make the party melee-centric, but that's okay. I'd lean more toward Holy Warrior, personally. Note that I'm speaking as the person who designs the dungeons. ;-)

If you would like to play a Wizard, so that we're all on the same page, please check out my "Choosing Wizardry Spells" thread written for GURPS Dungeon Fantasy, but I only noticed one spell (Suspend Mana) in there is unavailable: https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10...izardly-spells

Let us know what template you'd like to play!

I'll send you game links in a moment.

Thanks!
Old 12-28-2017, 08:14 PM   #5
Stripe

Okay, with the addition of Dripton as a Wizard, it looks like all slots are taken.

Thanks!

Last edited by Stripe; 12-28-2017 at 08:21 PM.