Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars > Car Wars Old Editions

Old 07-18-2016, 05:37 PM   #111
ammulder

Default Re: Combat Garage Update

Ah, I guess for #4 you mean the graphics are wrong in the 3D view? There's a huge ton of models needed for the 3D view. It turns out that I'm not a very fast 3D designer, but I'll probably roll around to working on that more eventually. :)

For #6 it would help to have a step-by-step procedure to reproduce any discrepancy -- even if it currently comes back into sync "eventually" it would be good to identify and fix any underlying problems (probably I just have to put in a call to refresh the display when some particular options are chosen).

For #3, UACFH says under Blow-Through Concealment "This special armor patch covers one weapon's firing port". I don't see anything under Weapon Concealment, Blow-Through Concealment, or Rocket Boosters that suggests that it would be legal to use concealment on a rocket booster. Is there an ADQ&A or something that would legitimize it?
ammulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 11:50 AM   #112
swordtart

Arguably it doesn't say anything that implies that they cant either.

However, Rocket Boosters can be installed in External Weapon Pods so that makes them equivalent to weapons in my book.

They are not an exposed component which means they are under armour. To operate they need a port in the armour for the rocket exhaust. I wouldn't class that as practically any different from a weapon port.

They count against the 1/3 of weapons per side rule.

I couldn't find a specific ADQ&A covering this aspect though.
swordtart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 01:15 PM   #113
Lindmark71

Also also wik, with regards to selecting weapons:

Once I select a facing, and then choose to add a weapon,
once I'm done with that weapon system, I may want to add another to the same facing (or a different facing).
In order to do that, I must re-select the Weapons button at the bottom of the screen.
However, if I delete a weapon system from the list (reduce the weapon count to zero), I am put back into the "here's your list of weapons for this side, and a chance to add a new one".

(here's the scope creep)
May I suggest adding a control to the screen for a specific installed weapon system that allows the user to return to that "here's your list of weapons for this side, and a chance to add a new one" screen?

Also, the listed spaces for mini-rockets is 0.3333, and not 1/3.
As you add more mini-rockets, the description of the total spaces used for a weapon system starts to get really wonky. (15 mini rockets turns in at 4.99949999999 spaces).

Also, once you go past three single shot rockets, the graphic for multiple single shot rockets shows them as one giant weapon with 1 DP for each round. This might be done for graphical considerations (size of the car, etc). However, a risk exists that if this was used in combat by a newcomer, gunfire damage could erroneously be allocated.

Also, if you have two weapons on the same side, they are not listed independently of eachother when it comes to linking.

Last edited by Lindmark71; 07-19-2016 at 11:07 PM.
Lindmark71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 02:57 PM   #114
juris

I've noticed this too. That probably needs to be fixed.

Also - armor on EWPs doesn't show

BTW would it be possible to have a different graphic for OR tires? I just think it would be cool.

But awesome job AM :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindmark71 View Post

Also, the graphic for multiple single shot rockets shows them as one giant weapon with 1 DP for each round.
juris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:00 AM   #115
Racer

Glad the Wheelhub/Wheel guard option has been moved slightly so it's no longer cut off at the bottom of the screens .

I've had tremendous trouble via both my phone & Library PC to have Ideas behind Design/Description being saved with my design ? Even if my vehicle hasn't been put on Stock list , I can find it under names & the Ideas text is missing from it ?
Is this just a glitch ?
Old 02-22-2017, 10:15 AM   #116
ammulder

Where are you expecting to see the "ideas" text?

I'll be honest -- I'm not going to have any time for updates until late March at the earliest. But if there are changes that need to be made, I can put them on my list.
ammulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 11:34 AM   #117
Racer

Sorry I meant the 'Designer's Notes' section . It's very hard to leave any notes, as when you look back on your design they are not there much of the time . I'll try again as I'm on Wi-Fi & see if it's okay :-)

Last edited by Racer; 03-14-2017 at 08:17 AM.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 04:01 PM   #118
Racer

Yep it appears just to be a glitch - I managed to post two vehicles via Wi-Fi the other day .
Not tried it yet using Data , so wish me luck ;-)

EXTREMELY pleased one of my Crumper Compacts has finally be accepted as a Stock Vehicle ! AND with 5 Stars too !! :-D
It's such an efficient & effective design , I just wanted others to see it . Also will hopefully show those 2/3 Damage Modifier Subs , with puny Plastic Ramplates what a 4,000lb+ Metal Armoured Compact will do to it ... !! ¥ *evil grin* ¥

I'll bring my notebook & hopefully post more on the Wi-Fi tomorrow .
Old 02-23-2017, 05:42 PM   #119
juris

Damn good design not all of your designs are terrible ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post

EXTREMELY pleased one of my Crumper Compacts has finally be accepted as a Stock Vehicle ! AND with 5 Stars too !! :-D
It's such an efficient & effective design , I just wanted others to see it . Also will hopefully show those 2/3 Damage Modifier Subs , with puny Plastic Ramplates what a 4,000lb+ Metal Armoured Compact will do to it ... !! ¥ *evil grin* ¥

I'll bring my notebook & hopefully post more on the Wi-Fi tomorrow .
juris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 10:49 PM   #120
Racer

Has been pointed out to me that the symbol for the Mk. 11 - XI - is just like the expression on players faces when I wreak their Sub's or turn their Lt. Trikes in confetti .... ! XI X-I X|

Hee hee hee ...

Last edited by Racer; 03-14-2017 at 08:16 AM.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote