Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Card Games

Old 04-23-2013, 05:59 PM   #1
Deadite

Default My Horror Movies Trading Card game (need opinion)

Hi, I need some feedback from people that're interested in having Horror Movie Trading Cards. The game's fairly casual oriented. This game uses voting mechanic with some Poker's feature that're still in development.

I just need to know if there're enough people interested in trading cards in this format. In a different forum, I host voting tournaments frequently, I don't know if a trading card game can employ this method for gameplay.

If this turns out to be a good idea, I'll be downloading a card designing program to design card samples for users to download and custom input their cards. I'm definitely not looking to sell these, for this involve a sea of legal issue with movie rights.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, for how the game works I'll explain it in the later paragraph. If you're interested in this project, post a 10 second scene description of a 10 second scene from a Horror movie, the scene has to involve the character you want for the card. The description is limited to no more than 2 lines (around 36 words). Please specify time, [ie]44:13~44:23. You don't have to post a Youtube video directing me to the scene, if we (the community) caught you giving a bogus scene, your submission in the future will be denied. Don't include description, speculation outside of the 10 second scene.

How to play Community Horror Movie Trading Card game:

Players place a character card on the table for everyone to vote. On the character's profile we'll have a 10 second scene from a movie the character was in. Example: Jason chased after a guy, knocks down a door.

If the card is use for a regular-style contest, audience would vote as viewers watching the scene, with regular-style contest, the stats below would be included for the audience to make their decision.

Other stats on the card:

Theater Effect-[randomly selected, use audience card to improve odds. work in progress]

Description-[randomly select 1 word. Work in progress]

Negative-[randomly select 1 word. Work in progress]

Negative and Description are randomly assigned. Players throw dice to decide. You improve your odds with your Audience cards. Audience card are not the same as the audience participating in the voting. Audience card cannot vote.

Audience card example:

Hardcore horror buff - if you roll 4 or 5, you gain Classic as your Theater Effect.

The audience would based their vote on which they think is the better card with the most suited stats.

6 votes (adjustable) on a character and the character wins. Players can vote.

If this is a Battle contest, the players would use their knowledge to this scene to out-debate the opponent. Instead of debate. It'd be a 127 words proof (like writing a math proof) The "audience" votes on the winner.

Feel free to post and tell me what you think of this idea. I found a program that can format and print the cards. I just need to design the layout, I'll post the file you can use to grab the image you want for the card and the 10 sec scene description for the card. First, I need to design the blank so you can apply the stats yourself and print them.

This game would need a player group over 3 people.

Feel free to post and tell me what you think of this idea. I found a program that can format and print the cards. I just need to design the layout, I'll post the file you can use to grab the image you want for the card and the 10 sec scene description for the card. First, I need to design the blank so you can apply the stats yourself and print them.

This game would need a player group over 3 people.

EDIT:

New mechanics is introduced below:

Money card (card art would usually be signed movie posters, signed posters of cast members, pictures of collectibles.)

Players holds 5 Money card in the beginning of a tournament.

The first person to vote in a match-up between 2 character card gets to decide how much it cost to make a regular vote (1~3)

-1 Money card: To cast a normal vote requires 1 Money card. Unlike special votes, this Money card would return to you have this particular match-up between 2 character cards.

-1 Money card: To cast a Death vote requires 1 Money card. If Death vote is counted, both characters dies and this card would return to you, otherwise this card would be removed through out the rest of this tournament. You lose 1 Money card.

-1 Money card: Scavenger, target a character card in the tournament, if the character loses in the matchup, it'll survive as a scavenger with weaker stats. You lose this money card if the character didn't gain 3 Scavenge vote.

-1 Money card: Target a character to have a Bunker effect. Hid this card. If there're more than 3 Bunker vote,

Last edited by Deadite; 04-23-2013 at 06:03 PM.
Deadite is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
card game, cinema, horror trading card, slasher