Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-06-2017, 04:21 PM   #71
philosophyguy

Default Re: Just Roll 3d6 - GURPS Content Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedlopez View Post
In your Odds to hit post's graph, I take it red means a miss. But what's the difference between yellow and green?

thanks
Red isn't a miss, actually. The numbers are the chance of a hit (so 0.33 is a 1/3 chance of a hit landing). The colors distinguish bands of probability. Green is likely to hit at least 2/3 of the time; red is likely to hit 1/3 or less, and yellow is in between.

I chose that coloring because it clarifies how hard it is to get a hit when defensive skill is high, regardless of the attacker's skill, and how attacker's skill does make a difference when defensive skill is low.

Thanks for reading!
philosophyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 03:19 PM   #72
philosophyguy

Just Roll 3d6 took a hiatus, but there's a new post: a review of DFRPG: Adventurers. I will be reviewing the other materials from the Kickstarter as my time permits!
Old 08-25-2017, 10:17 AM   #73
philosophyguy

The review of Exploits is now live. It's definitely a step in the right direction, but it's not as well organized as Adventurers.
Old 08-29-2017, 09:56 AM   #74
philosophyguy

The review for DFPRG: Spells is now posted. As the review makes clear, I found this volume much weaker than Adventurers and Exploits; the organization and usability are not great, and the book doesn't improve as much on the Basic Set experience as the first two books.
Old 08-31-2017, 09:40 AM   #75
philosophyguy

I've posted by review for DFRPG: Monsters. While the content is great, the production value is honestly disappointing. There are serious issues with organization, layout, and lack of art. There also should have been a lot more depth to the advice for GMs on judging combat difficulty and building appropriately challenging encounters.

Tags
blog, blogs, gurps