Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 07-19-2013, 11:36 AM   #151
Ragabash Moon

Default Re: Another 2000 Things I Am No Longer Allowed To Do In An RPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Wolf View Post
"My name, my real name, that is not the point. The name I chose is the Doctor. The name you choose, it's like, it's like a promise that you make. He's the one who broke the promise."

"What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."

"But not in the name of the Doctor!!"

Source of quotes
Ah yeah, that's it thanks! :) I own the season on iTunes, just didn't feel like going back to rewatch that scene for the quotes or google it heh.

#LazyProblems

Cleopatra: Whenever she assigned me to the switch, was that Voice, or was Raina influencing her thinking? Because, I mean, if it was Raina, she got inside my head and decided that I would screw it up.
Ragabash Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:41 AM   #152
Anders

125. I can't have the dragon's treasure be "a crayon drawing by the dragon's son", defending this with "it's a treasure to the dragon."
Old 07-19-2013, 12:01 PM   #153
Ragabash Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
125. I can't have the dragon's treasure be "a crayon drawing by the dragon's son", defending this with "it's a treasure to the dragon."
ROFLMAO That is great!

Cleopatra: Whenever she assigned me to the switch, was that Voice, or was Raina influencing her thinking? Because, I mean, if it was Raina, she got inside my head and decided that I would screw it up.
Ragabash Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #154
Nereidalbel

Quote:
Come on, at least use colored pencil!
Nereidalbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:06 PM   #155
Anaraxes

Quote:
Surviving drawings are especially precious to a dragon, given how easily wax melts and paper chars.
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:08 PM   #156
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
They're doing it wrong:

1) enchantment by deed. do you have any idea how much magic is in the picture?

2) Ransom the painting. Don't kill the dragon, steal the painting and get him to pay his treasure of intrinsic value.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:11 AM   #157
Donovan

Quote:
Is the dragon some sort of middle manager in this world?
Donovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:27 AM   #158
DoctorRomulus

I know this was posted a whiiiiiiile ago, but can I play!!!! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed the Coastie View Post
*shaking head* We would do things like convince the other PCs that a particular number of completely random and unrelated encounters were evidence of a conspiracy led by Mungo the Merciless, who was either a Red Wizard of Thay (if we were not in the Forgotten Realms) or one of the Slavelords (if we were not in Greyhawk). Any suspicious-looking cloud could actually be a disguised Flying Carpet upon which Mungo had mounted a heavy-duty Staff of Mind Control in a light ballista frame; the only defense against the Flying Mind Control Staff was a skullcap made of gold foil, which we were more than happy to sell to the other PCs at cost of materials plus a small markup to accommodate the labor that went into the manufacture...

The problem for the GM was that every time she tried to incorporate one of our creations in her game, we would abandon that particular sub-plot and come up with a new one. She finally gave up and just told us to cease and desist after my buddy (a dwarf sorcerer) and I (a half-orc bard) managed to create opposing religions inspired by differing interpretations of a mythological figure that we had based upon Elvis, then set them against each other in a religious war that split the party into fighting on opposing sides.

GURPS IS..."undead-cyborg-undead-dragon-cyborg-riders... and their werewolf allies carrying plasma rifles while riding in aircars"
DoctorRomulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:58 PM   #159
Phantasm

126. I am not to utterly confuse my D&D3.X GM by equipping my first level character using GURPS Low-Tech, which she does not own, instead of the D&D3.0 Arms and Equipment Guide, the 3.5 Player's Handbook, and Pathfinder's Ultimate Equipment.

126a. This goes double when I list things that she didn't even know existed, like the yurt and the hunga-munga.

126b. The character is also not to be better equipped than the rest of the party combined as a result.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:51 AM   #160
Dwarf99

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodchuck View Post
Then wouldn't it be Strawman who takes the blame?
He may be stupid but at least he could figure out where to go on one frickin road

sry, couldn't resist.
Dwarf99 is offline   Reply With Quote