Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 03-21-2013, 10:55 AM   #1
Patsycoconut

Default LONGEST Munchkin game ever!

Last night I was with 5 friends and we got ourselves deep into a game of fantasy munchkin. The game lasted well over 3 hours and we had reshuffled the door decks at least 3 times. It felt like it was never going to end.

The deck was comprised of the munchkin base set and some boosters. Although I must admit I wasn't playing with the most efficient players, the game just kept on chuggin along.

So, I'm curious. What is the longest game of munchkin you have been involved in.(not including epic or quest)

Thanks
Old 03-21-2013, 11:10 AM   #2
Blazinjsin

Default Re: LONGEST Munchkin game ever!

We had a standard game of fantasy go for 5 hours with 6 people. Apparently we're a very hateful group lol

Check out my trades ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 🍕
Blazinjsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:29 PM   #3
PK

The regional final at Dragon*Con a few years ago. The final match had six people and lasted nearly six hours. They all brought and used all of their Munchkin gear (bookmarks, bobbleheads, shirts, coins, etc.) and fought tenaciously the entire time.

In retrospect, the next tourney on that level that I referee, I'm letting in swag for all of the qualifying rounds, but insisting on a "no swag" finale. That'd probably have cut the time by 1/3 at least, easily.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:39 PM   #4
MunchkinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post
The regional final at Dragon*Con a few years ago. The final match had six people and lasted nearly six hours. They all brought and used all of their Munchkin gear (bookmarks, bobbleheads, shirts, coins, etc.) and fought tenaciously the entire time.

In retrospect, the next tourney on that level that I referee, I'm letting in swag for all of the qualifying rounds, but insisting on a "no swag" finale. That'd probably have cut the time by 1/3 at least, easily.
Don't the official tourney rules offer you some assistance in preventing a tsunami of Munchkin promotional knick knacks? I mean, yes, you can say "unlimited" is allowed, but that's opening yourself up to a boat load of heartache and heartbreak, as you've clearly witnessed. . .
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:49 PM   #5
Patsycoconut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post
Don't the official tourney rules offer you some assistance in preventing a tsunami of Munchkin promotional knick knacks? I mean, yes, you can say "unlimited" is allowed, but that's opening yourself up to a boat load of heartache and heartbreak, as you've clearly witnessed. . .
I agree, it could certainly turn into a hilarious disaster. Allowing only a single promotional item would probably be a safe bet, if not then set a limit. Although I would have loved to see that particular match. Sounds like it was viscious.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:58 PM   #6
Morgul_Maggot

About 5 weeks ago, I'd invited a few of the neighbor kids over and we did a run of Epic Fantasy Munchkin w/ all 7 expansions. The game lasted right at 5 hours and there was baring and gnashing of teeth. :) It started friendly enough, but with that much teenage ego in the room, it got rough quickly and stayed that way.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:14 PM   #7
daje

First time I played, just a couple of weeks ago, we were six people, playing (I believe) Munchkin 1-5, no boosters. That one game took 7 hours.
Obviously there was smoking breaks and explaining the rules underways to myself and a couple of other people new to the game underways slowed it down a bit, but after that first game I thought 5-6 hours were normal :)
daje is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
game, long, shuffle