Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 06-15-2011, 09:06 AM   #1
daver

Default jumbo dice and dice bag

Two somewhat related questions:
  • Does each jumbo die come with a DIFFERENT unique card?
  • Do the jumbo dices fit into the just announced dice bag? All of them?
daver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:46 AM   #2
NOLAman

Default Re: jumbo dice and dice bag

The cards are each uniquie as for the dice bag, I don't know. Either way I can't wait for them
NOLAman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:41 AM   #3
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by daver View Post
Does each jumbo die come with a DIFFERENT unique card?
No, it comes with TWO different unique cards, one Munchkin and one MQ. (Although, full disclosure, some rules appear on both a Munchkin card and an MQ card -- but never in the same pack.)

Quote:
Do the jumbo dices fit into the just announced dice bag? All of them?
While we don't have the finished prototypes for me to check this definitely, I feel confident that the dice bag should be large enough to carry all the announced Jumbo dice.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:47 AM   #4
daver

Thanks. Unfortunately MQ does nothing for me... :(

And spending $35 on 6 cards and 10 dice, when I can get 15 cards for $4 and 6 dices for $3 is a bit high....
Even if they're big.
daver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:53 AM   #5
Mister Ed

I'm curious what the dice bag bonus is. The description seems to be saying that it has one independent of the cards that come with it, but doesn't say what it is...
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:44 AM   #6
natesroom

Quote:

And spending $35 on 6 cards and 10 dice, when I can get 15 cards for $4 and 6 dices for $3 is a bit high....
Even if they're big.
I see alot of these posts lamenting the price on certain items. These are not necassary to enjoy Munchkin, and you would only need to purchase One set if you'd like to use them. I think that the Idea is "We've made Multiple colors for those that like other colors, and here is the price for that feature"

I dont think its SJ Games fault that you or I feel the pull to buy every jumbo dice color they produce, even if in doing so it would cost $35 for 6 cards and 10 dice.

I think it is a fair price per item.

Good work on the items and now i'm curious to know what the new expansion Icon that was posted in a tweet a few weeks back that gabby was working on. I thought it was a Christmas icon but the new reindeer games icon is not the same

here is the link http://mypict.me/show.php?id=kupCI

Last edited by natesroom; 06-15-2011 at 11:48 AM.
natesroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:54 AM   #7
LordArach

It seems like a holiday loaded die that could be from that same set.

Praise "Bob"!
LordArach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:09 PM   #8
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by natesroom View Post
I see alot of these posts lamenting the price on certain items. These are not necassary to enjoy Munchkin, and you would only need to purchase One set if you'd like to use them. I think that the Idea is "We've made Multiple colors for those that like other colors, and here is the price for that feature"

I dont think its SJ Games fault that you or I feel the pull to buy every jumbo dice color they produce, even if in doing so it would cost $35 for 6 cards and 10 dice.

I think it is a fair price per item.
I, too, think it is a fair price per item. If I were to lament anything it would be that it was designed so that it decidedly ISN'T just "We've made Multiple colors for those that like other colors, and here is the price for that feature", but rather, "We've included unique cards in every different color of die in hopes that it will entice you to buy more dice than you would ordinarily want to".

I can't fault them for that thinking. They are a business (one that makes quality products) and therefore trying to bring in more profit. But it still bums me a bit to think there will be 5 (presumably cool) Munchkin cards I won't ever get my hands on simply because I can't bring myself to purchase redundant product to get them. And so far as I know, this is the first case where getting these kind of Munchkin cards HAS required purchasing redundant product. (And that has, for me, been a big attraction over other card games that put out multiple expansions, and are ALL ABOUT selling you a bunch of redundant product.)

My only OTHER "price" lament ALSO involves an item whose price is totally fair, IMHO- the W23 booster. And that's just a case of lamenting the fact that the cost more than doubles when you take shipping into account, thus becoming, in my case, unreasonable- not for them to charge, but for me to pay. Wish there was some other way to get it, that's all. (I am looking into whether there is anybody local here in Portland, OR that might want to go in on an order and split the shipping, so perhaps that lament will have a happy ending yet!)
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:15 PM   #9
natesroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
I, too, think it is a fair price per item. If I were to lament anything it would be that it was designed so that it decidedly ISN'T just "We've made Multiple colors for those that like other colors, and here is the price for that feature", but rather, "We've included unique cards in every different color of die in hopes that it will entice you to buy more dice than you would ordinarily want to".

I can't fault them for that thinking. They are a business (one that makes quality products) and therefore trying to bring in more profit. But it still bums me a bit to think there will be 5 (presumably cool) Munchkin cards I won't ever get my hands on simply because I can't bring myself to purchase redundant product to get them. And so far as I know, this is the first case where getting these kind of Munchkin cards HAS required purchasing redundant product. (And that has, for me, been a big attraction over other card games that put out multiple expansions, and are ALL ABOUT selling you a bunch of redundant product.)

My only OTHER "price" lament ALSO involves an item whose price is totally fair, IMHO- the W23 booster. And that's just a case of lamenting the fact that the cost more than doubles when you take shipping into account, thus becoming, in my case, unreasonable- not for them to charge, but for me to pay. Wish there was some other way to get it, that's all. (I am looking into whether there is anybody local here in Portland, OR that might want to go in on an order and split the shipping, so perhaps that lament will have a happy ending yet!)
One fix on that issue would be to purchase $80 of product at one time and they will ship it for free i believe.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:15 PM   #10
LordArach

Quote:

Even if they're big.
If you look at the price breakdown compared to Cthulhu dice, it is not much different and follows the same principle as Nate was talking about. Do you need all the colors? No. Are they still fun to have? Absolutely. I'm sure, at some point a booster like Reloaded might come out thus allowing those who did not purchase all the colors to still be able to get the cards.

Praise "Bob"!
LordArach is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
munchkin dice