Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Pyramid

Old 12-04-2009, 08:24 PM   #1
tg_ambro

Default Last Word in 3/13?

I'm curious as to why there was no Last Word in the latest issue of Pyramid. Is there something that I missed?

Also, is the Last Word done by staffers or freelancers?

Check out my blog, Ambro's Brainwaves Pretend you have telepathy, read my thoughts!
tg_ambro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:28 PM   #2
PK

Default Re: Last Word in 3/13?

There hasn't been a Last Word (or any Reviews) for several issues now, actually. It's nothing new to 3/13.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:26 PM   #3
tg_ambro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Pee Kitty View Post
There hasn't been a Last Word (or any Reviews) for several issues now, actually. It's nothing new to 3/13.
Oh, I've only purchased the fantasy themed issues (issues 3/1 3/4 3/13) and even then, not all of them, so I've not been able to notice the absence. Does this mean it has been cut?

Check out my blog, Ambro's Brainwaves Pretend you have telepathy, read my thoughts!
Old 12-04-2009, 10:37 PM   #4
Steven Marsh

Yes, I just didn't get a sense there was a strong reaction from readers for it. I enjoyed it because it was nice to stay in touch with the rest of the industry, but it was also a lot of work. I've been experimenting with ending on the "Appendix Z" feature in a couple of the last issues; I'm still trying to get a sense of how much (or if) readers are enjoying that. :-)
Steven Marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:16 AM   #5
Agemegos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Marsh View Post
Yes, I just didn't get a sense there was a strong reaction from readers for it. I enjoyed it because it was nice to stay in touch with the rest of the industry, but it was also a lot of work. I've been experimenting with ending on the "Appendix Z" feature in a couple of the last issues; I'm still trying to get a sense of how much (or if) readers are enjoying that. :-)
The "rate this article" button is a thing of the past. How are you going about getting any feeling of customer satisfaction?

Decay is inherent in all composite things.
Nod head. Get treat.
Agemegos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:19 AM   #6
Kuroshima
MIB
Pyramid Contributor
Mad Spaniard Rules Lawyer

Location: The ASS of the world, mainly Valencia, Spain (Europe)

I certainly don't miss the last word section. It took a lot of pages that would be better used with an additional article.

I understand that SJG had to learn how to get the most of the new format, and some things worked, and some did not. So far, I'm very happy with the new Pyramid (I'm on my second 12 month subscription right now).
My stuff on e23
Kuroshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 02:46 AM   #7
tg_ambro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Marsh View Post
I'd have to say I enjoy the Appendix Z stuff much more than the Last Word, so good call there.

Old 12-05-2009, 09:30 AM   #8
Steven Marsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
The "rate this article" button is a thing of the past. How are you going about getting any feeling of customer satisfaction?
Reading the forums... reading e-mails... There's a reason I beg people for feedback every issue. :-)

To the case at hand, I don't think I recall ever seeing anyone say much of anything about the Last Word (outside maybe of a few comments along the lines of, "Didn't read it/not interested/etc.). Sooo... the mad experiments continue apace!
Steven Marsh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
last word, pyramid 3/13