Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > SJ Games Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2018, 04:14 PM   #11
trooper6

Default Re: Report To The Stakeholders

I've said it before and I'll say it again (likely to no effect). But I think SJGames needs to approach one of the bigger Twitch Streaming studios like Geek and Sundry, HyperRPG, etc and sponsor a show.

No, I don't mean when some fans decide on their own to stream a show on their channel that only 2 people watch and that has a distinctly amateur vibe and SJGames has nothing to do with. I mean getting a show done by those professionals who have improv actors and good lighting/audio/sets.

Various fellow forumites have told me that Streaming doesn't make any difference. But that just isn't true. If the 97k people watching the opening episode of Campaign 2 of Critical Role...or the 6.7million+ YouTube views of its first episode of Campaign 1...or the intense sales of Green Ronin's Tal'Dorei campaign guide. You can ask the FLGS's about the impact of Wil Wheaton's TableTop on the sales of games...or this thread by Evil Hat: https://twitter.com/fredhicks/status/965631462124015616

I want to see SJGames embracing streaming and sponsoring a high impact stream on a popular channel. I'm not saying SJGames produces the show one their own, rather they sponsor and support the show in the way that Modiphius has done for their Star Trek RPG on GnS's Shield of Tomorrow or how Catalyst supported HyperRPG's Shadowrun show CorporateSINs.

It is the 21st Century, there needs to be some 21st Century advertising.
trooper6 is offline   Reply With Quote