Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 07-01-2010, 10:47 PM   #1
Smorkey

Default Can 2 People win at the same time using elf?

So there were 3 of us and all level 9. i got a monster that i couldnt beat so i asked the other person, and he had elf as his race. We both go up a level and win? or did I only win? Can anyone specify? thanks. sorry if this was already in another forum. i couldnt find anything.
Smorkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:01 PM   #2
fuelstaind

Default Re: Can 2 People win at the same time using elf?

People can win at the same time. You just try not to do it that way.
fuelstaind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:03 PM   #3
Baradrae

Yes, they can.
Baradrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:22 PM   #4
lightofdarkness

My cousin always likes to say that this is not winning, it's tieing. It ends the game, certainly, but no one wins. :-) But for everyone but my cousin, yes, 2 for the win!
lightofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:28 AM   #5
Eccid

Actually, about a week ago I was playing Epic Munchkin with my friends, another friend and I were lvl 19 clerics. It came to my turn and, BOOM, I got divine intervention and we both won :P
Old 07-07-2010, 06:33 AM   #6
darksaba

An intresting question is what happens if two players pass level ten at the same time but one of the would theoretically go onto level 11? Example, player A is level 9 and facing a monster that grants two levels, his friend player B is an elf also on level 9 and offers to help. They defeat the monster, do both players win? Or does player A win as his final level is higher? Are levels gained past 10 disconted similar to levels lost past 1?
Old 07-07-2010, 06:44 AM   #7
MunchkinMan

This is a personal preference kind of thing. If you really need to feel like you won because you got 2 Levels to go to Level 11 and your Elf buddy only got 1 to go to Level 10, that's fine.

Officially, you can't go past Level 10 in a standard game, so in that specific situation both players would win. For a tournament's sake during an elimination round, the guy with the better load of stuff (based on bonuses) would actually win the game in that situation, so I'd recommend making sure you have some quality stuff in use before letting that Elf bugger take the real win. . . ;-)
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:39 PM   #8
zack_black

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksaba View Post
An intresting question is what happens if two players pass level ten at the same time but one of the would theoretically go onto level 11? Example, player A is level 9 and facing a monster that grants two levels, his friend player B is an elf also on level 9 and offers to help. They defeat the monster, do both players win? Or does player A win as his final level is higher? Are levels gained past 10 disconted similar to levels lost past 1?
This would only count in epic munchkin and only because you play to level 20 :P

"Observe the snow. It fornicates."
zack_black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:00 AM   #9
Kauboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smorkey View Post
So there were 3 of us and all level 9. i got a monster that i couldnt beat so i asked the other person, and he had elf as his race. We both go up a level and win? or did I only win? Can anyone specify? thanks. sorry if this was already in another forum. i couldnt find anything.
I definitely would want to play with you, then. Our games tend to be a little more cutthroat.

Did you realize he was an elf at the time? Did he hide his cards or Jedi mind trick you in any way?
Kauboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:16 AM   #10
thedag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauboi View Post
I definitely would want to play with you, then. Our games tend to be a little more cutthroat.

Did you realize he was an elf at the time? Did he hide his cards or Jedi mind trick you in any way?
or maybe they just wanted the win. A friend of mine plays just to have fun and they would be happy to share the win while another more competitive friends would look for another way to take the win by themselves. In the latter case if I was the elf I might refuse to help.
thedag is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
elf, win