Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-22-2017, 07:21 AM   #1
AlexanderHowl

Default Dungeon Fantasy World for Infinite Worlds Setting

I was just wondering if there were any canonical worlds within the Infinite Worlds setting that would make good Dungeon Fantasy world (Yrth would not qualify because of the societal and religious structure of the world)? If not, do you have ones that you would like to see in the Infinite Worlds setting (I am partial to the world of Conan myself)?
AlexanderHowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 09:34 AM   #2
D10

Location: In Rio de Janeiro, where it was cyberpunk before it was cool.
Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy World for Infinite Worlds Setting

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHowl View Post
I was just wondering if there were any canonical worlds within the Infinite Worlds setting that would make good Dungeon Fantasy world (Yrth would not qualify because of the societal and religious structure of the world)? If not, do you have ones that you would like to see in the Infinite Worlds setting (I am partial to the world of Conan myself)?
I always thought that medieval/magical zombie apocalipse would be an excelent DF setting
D10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 12:55 PM   #3
Kymage

I think there was a world in one of the source books that was basically Rome with Magic thrown in that might fit that definition as there was references to infinity inc in the chapter on the world. Maybe in GURPS Fantasy. I remember the Infinity Inc Scout being in Rome and coming across Dinosaurs in a Carnival that was arriving in the eternal city.
Kymage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 01:07 PM   #4
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymage View Post
I think there was a world in one of the source books that was basically Rome with Magic thrown in that might fit that definition as there was references to infinity inc in the chapter on the world. Maybe in GURPS Fantasy. I remember the Infinity Inc Scout being in Rome and coming across Dinosaurs in a Carnival that was arriving in the eternal city.
Roma Arcana is more sword-and-sandal than hack-and-slash.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 01:50 PM   #5
Stone Dog

Oh wow.... Dungeon Tourism. Strange visitors with bizarre ways reading out phrases in Common from a small book and trying to find the most dangerous places in the world to go to. Maybe some shades of Log Horizon in there.
Stone Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 03:18 PM   #6
Flyndaran
Untagged

Now I'm imagining a clumsy curious dolt: Unkillable Fred. Touring around the multiverse getting into slapstick shenanigans. Probably not so sitcom-y for the locals though.
And for this thread, he wants to go full barbarian despite his lack of skills. Still makes for a great more literal meat shield.

Tags
dungeon fantasy, infinite worlds