Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 11-25-2011, 10:20 AM   #321
Dalillama

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (OOC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Demon or "other agent of Hell". Unless I miss my mark, Glen is still Hellsworn, whatever his feelings.

Ryuki was (and by most, is) presumed Hellsworn, but as we know that's not the case. The reason Corat didn't get strung up for that years ago was that Nisroc assured Dominic that it 'was covered'. And if Dom's looking the other way, the rank-and-file are generally smart enough to leave it alone.

If his ethereal ties were clearer they might not be so forgiving.
I had actually figured that he was Initiated by his former cabal (Per CPG p 70), which wasn't subverted and destroyed by the forces of Hell until Glen was foolish enough to accept help from a demon, but he's not formally Hellsworn per se.
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 03:09 PM   #322
Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Break a leg! What are you guys performing?
(My own show just closed, a really fun run of Frost/Nixon.)
Thanks!, We're doing Pinocchio, panto style :) It's fun.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 06:24 PM   #323
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlillama View Post
I had actually figured that he was Initiated by his former cabal (Per CPG p 70), which wasn't subverted and destroyed by the forces of Hell until Glen was foolish enough to accept help from a demon, but he's not formally Hellsworn per se.
Page numbers are always good.

Be aware that I have conceptually split the Sorcery Attunement (pg 28 CPG, and here ) into two parts--one opens the Symphonic sense (Awakening, pp 45-46 CPG) and grafts on a Force, and the other allows you to talk back to the Symphony. Most initiations do the Awakening, and usually, like 99% of the time usually, have a 'pledge my soul to Hell' clause inside the rite. The baroque, dramatic, haze-filled ritual would be very easy to hide something in it, and even the guys doing the ritual might overlook its importance. Hatiphas is very clever.

Learning sorcery, once Awakened, requires a very patient teacher, but nothing more.

But Sorcery in the end is a human creation, and what you've written is plausible. Somehow his cabal got hold of a Fate-free version, or his initiator improvised and left that particular part out, or Glen flat-out refused to assent to that part throwing the whole ritual into wild beautiful bloody chaos. Your call.

And then at some point Glen gave in and called a demon, perhaps to win one of the inevitable power struggles that happen in these cabals. So not Hellsworn, but a Balseraph would say he was.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 11-25-2011 at 06:30 PM. Reason: consistent with the webpage
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 06:34 PM   #324
Dalillama

Quote:
Page numbers are always good.

Be aware that I have conceptually split the Sorcery Attunement (pg 28 CPG, and here ) into two parts--one opens the Symphonic sense (Awakening, pp 45-46 CPG) and grafts on a Force, and the other allows you to talk back to the Symphony. Most initiations do the Awakening, and usually, like 99% of the time usually, have a 'pledge my soul to Hell' clause inside the rite. The baroque, dramatic, haze-filled ritual would be very easy to hide something in it, and even the guys doing the ritual might overlook its importance. Hatiphas is very clever.

Learning sorcery, once Awakened, requires a very patient teacher, but nothing more.

But Sorcery in the end is a human creation, and what you've written is plausible. Somehow his cabal got hold of a Fate-free version, or his initiator improvised and left that particular part out, or Glen flat-out refused to assent to that part throwing the whole ritual into wild beautiful bloody chaos. Your call.

And then at some point Glen gave in and called a demon, perhaps to win one of the inevitable power struggles that happen in these cabals. So not Hellsworn, but a Balseraph would say he was.
Oh, it's very possible that Glen has met his Fate, nut if so he did it through good old fashioned arrogance and lack of consideration, not any particular pact; he made certain that he didn't swear allegiance to any of the entities that were invoked for his initiation, and his debts to Hell were initially owed to Zahirah, although he certainly doesn't know if she kept those debts until her Redemption or traded them off...
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 06:45 PM   #325
alexondria

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlillama View Post
Oh, it's very possible that Glen has met his Fate, nut if so he did it through good old fashioned arrogance and lack of consideration, not any particular pact; he made certain that he didn't swear allegiance to any of the entities that were invoked for his initiation, and his debts to Hell were initially owed to Zahirah, although he certainly doesn't know if she kept those debts until her Redemption or traded them off...
Oh I forgot all about that
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 06:56 PM   #326
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexondria View Post
Oh I forgot all about that
You know, if it weren't for the ten-character minimum, I'd have simply replied

o.O

'Cos if I knew, I totally forgot that too.
Old 11-26-2011, 01:33 AM   #327
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
You know, if it weren't for the ten-character minimum, I'd have simply replied

o.O
Dun, dun, DUN!!!

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 06:56 AM   #328
alexondria

though I think this means that she didn't mess up by going celestial in front of him then since he already knew. Though he may have recognized her and wondered why she's no longer green.
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:06 AM   #329
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
He smiles a little inside. He didn't have a use for some of the marijuana growing that went on in the IE, but Wendy and her partner were always good about raising it for medicine and vision ceremonies, and not giving it to kids. And darn good with a paintbrush and spray can, too ...
Hope you don't mind my throwing this in, Madame la GM. I can remove or alter it as you like, but it did seem logical that a Creation angel would know creative folks. :)

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:51 AM   #330
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Hope you don't mind my throwing this in, Madame la GM. I can remove or alter it as you like, but it did seem logical that a Creation angel would know creative folks. :)
I don't mind at all. The only problem is...look at a map. It's a long way to the IE.

Will post in a few minutes after checking that txt message.

Tags
in nomine