Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 11-08-2011, 12:35 AM   #301
Puck

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (OOC)

Is Corat still in Celestial form or did he re-vessel?
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:34 AM   #302
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Is Corat still in Celestial form or did he re-vessel?
Sorry--looks like I lost track there.

Re-vessel, to allow him to talk to DeShawn. So yes, big beefy bald guy standing on top of an ice-cream truck, with a longbow in his hand.

The only thing he's missing is heart boxer shorts, and the fact that it's only January. :P
Old 11-14-2011, 07:31 PM   #303
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch beams at the cluster of birds "Thank you." Turning to the others he asks "I belive someone said something about a Dream tether fairly close by? Perhaps we could use that to move the jars between here and LA." He frowns then as a thought comes to him "But then how are we to get DeShawn here to LA? Any ideas?"
I really hate to do this because apparently I haven't been all that clear. However, you're in L.A.--Griffith Park--and I strongly suggest you all get yourselves and the jars out of L.A. And you're at a tether, the ice cream truck, although it's a smallish tether. Those birds are the Kyriotate Seneschal of the truck Trade tether.

I think the question is--how are you going to get yourselves and the jars in a place where you can also get DeShawn in the same place as Sunae, Ryuki, and Glen.

All of this without having every demon in L.A. reaching you, or getting Gilbert killed for that matter.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 11-14-2011 at 07:47 PM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:40 AM   #304
tHEhERETIC

Alright--I did some mapping this evening so I hope this clarifies what I'm thinking.

L.A. and nearby

The little circle in the middle is what is solidly acknowledged to be Hell's dominion. Officially it's Hell's, unofficially it's Ruby's. The lines can be a bit fuzzy and changeable, but that's what it is at the moment.

The big empty space upper right, lined in red, is the edge of Heaven's territory. Canonically the tether is only Death Valley and that may be true of the tether itself, but Michael uses the whole desert as training grounds, minus the few towns out there that are actually populated.

I didn't put the Dream tether on there, so you can move it around a bit if you like. I'm thinking Burbank, but I'll leave that up to you.

Michael's a greedy pig, signed Baal

You've got to figure that desert can't be too firmly held, even with David's support. There's just so much of it.

I'll go poke the IC. Sorry the support stuff hasn't been up-to-date, but I am planning a rather major move for next year so I'm a bit distracted. :>
Old 11-15-2011, 08:04 AM   #305
ladyarcana55

Any objections if I jump ahead a bit in my post so that Sunae and Glen are in the car on their way down?
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:16 AM   #306
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
I really hate to do this because apparently I haven't been all that clear. However, you're in L.A.--Griffith Park--and I strongly suggest you all get yourselves and the jars out of L.A. And you're at a tether, the ice cream truck, although it's a smallish tether. Those birds are the Kyriotate Seneschal of the truck Trade tether.
Quote:
Alright--I did some mapping this evening so I hope this clarifies what I'm thinking.:>
Thanks, Barb. For those of us who aren't Angelenos (or, in my case, haven't been SoCal since the age of 18 months), this is a help.

On a similar note, how long would it take a friend to arrive with Kane's truck? Probably longer than we have, but it'd be good to know.

Finally, how distinctive are DeShawn's looks? Creation is getting creative again, I'm afraid ... :)

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:25 PM   #307
Puck

Quote:

I think the question is--how are you going to get yourselves and the jars in a place where you can also get DeShawn in the same place as Sunae, Ryuki, and Glen.

All of this without having every demon in L.A. reaching you, or getting Gilbert killed for that matter.
D'oh! I know we're in LA, I swear it, just wasn't thinking :) Thanks for the map.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:56 PM   #308
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Thanks, Barb. For those of us who aren't Angelenos (or, in my case, haven't been SoCal since the age of 18 months), this is a help.

On a similar note, how long would it take a friend to arrive with Kane's truck? Probably longer than we have, but it'd be good to know.

Finally, how distinctive are DeShawn's looks? Creation is getting creative again, I'm afraid ... :)
DeShawn looks like your average black teenaged guy.

The truck, IE to west LA? A solid hour. Nope, you'd be demon meat by then.

Interesting note on that thought--Ryuki called in some favors to set up a rave, providing a huge distraction for the demons but, as Sunae noted, feeding two or three infernal Words. Sunae called the cops on the rave, cutting the Words off at the knees but shortening the distraction, likely by the amount of time it would have taken to fetch that truck.
Welcome to my fictional L.A.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:55 AM   #309
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
Any objections if I jump ahead a bit in my post so that Sunae and Glen are in the car on their way down?
Up to player-of-Glen at the moment, but I'm trying to nudge everyone to a tether in SFO, and having to drive DeShawn up the coast (or leave him behind).

With a little list-making and drawing cards, the following are what jars you hear. There are three relics among the theater props and I can remember what one of them are, but I'll have to clean my apartment before I can be sure of the other two.

Under cuts. This isn't the location of the stuff, simply what each character heard or didn't hear.

MitchM2 one ordinary jar speaks Helltongue, ML2 one speaks in sultry tones in something that sounds like Italian. Neither reads clearly on the true/false question, though the Italianesque female seems sincere.
AshA2 Another jar speaks simply the strangest language you've ever heard--it's like something threw consonants and verbs in a blender with a couple of glottal stops. A1 a small, scuffed up jar speaks English, and he keeps asking where they're going.
Kane K1 has a female voice that speaks what sounds like Greek, with some other European accent, and seems to be pontificating about something. KL3 speaks Egyptian but says little.
ZahirahZ4 doesn't speak but makes a noise like ringing in your ears. ZL1 speaks elegant Spanish, and wants to know if anyone out there does. ZL2 has a strong feminine voice asking who is out there.

Ah crud--I've lost track of Ida again! You/she still there?

Corat and DeShawn of course are under my hat.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:26 AM   #310
Dalillama

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
sounds good.
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
in nomine