Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 11-05-2011, 03:49 AM   #291
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (OOC)

Mentally populate the jars on my bus ride home--just have to write it down.

Will post tomorrow when my head isn't so stuffy.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:33 PM   #292
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
"Alright, now we just have to figure out where they're going. Mitch, or should I wait for Kane? Where are you guys going? By road or by...what did Corey call them? Those wormholes, uh, base to base, uh...tethers."

"If I were them," he says aside to Sunae and Glen, "I'd haul that stuff to the middle of nowhere, like the Mojave. If it were up to me, I'd take them to a room full of people like this Flower I know, like Zahirah..."
OOC I really don't have much preference on this, and I've been going nuts even trying to find a feasible list of choices. The tether that catches my eye is the Golden Gate Park one in San Francisco (I believe that was Omar's invention), though it would be completely out in the open. There's also the Mojave (canonically Death Valley, but Michael's boys have expanded it somewhat, hosting all those Stone parties), where while out in the open would also give a lot of privacy. Of course, any creatures in those jars would get very different receptions based on which of those two, for example, they were opened up into.

Those are two choices, but you've got tons more. Anything canon, name it, and barring hostile Superiors you can go there. Anything fanon, unless it's completely wacky AU, have your angel lead the party there. Anything you can make up, as long as it's feasible...why not?

Your considerations:
First and most importantly, you have two mortal PC's who need to get there from San Francisco. One of those, Glen, is a skunk in church to most angels which should not be forgotten. Ryuki intends to back out unless the location is very close to San Francisco--partly that's me not wanting to wrangle so many NPC's, but part of that is a small bit of character revelation.
Second, tethers have Superiors and sympathetic locals, and their reaction will decide whether you coddle, slaughter, or something in between. And that affects the Big Plot. As does DeShawn's fate.

If you all find this way too much responsibility, tell me so and I'll flip a coin or something.

Incidentally knit hats are great for stuffy sinuses.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:07 AM   #293
alexondria

I don't have my books with me- what is Blandine's relationship with Khalid?
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 03:17 PM   #294
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexondria View Post
I don't have my books with me- what is Blandine's relationship with Khalid?
Superiors 3, briefly and with some cross-referencing:

Blandine is described as aristocratic, old-school to a fault, and she considers politicking a tool of the Devil. There's a sidebar that says only Marc and his powers of persuasion can get her to show up to Council meetings at all.

Neither name shows up in the Relations section, so we have to read and interpret. Archangel opinions has Blandine wanting to keep him on his broader mission i.e. more Faith and less dogma, and Khalid wanting to convert Blandine to the True Faith.

It doesn't sound hostile, though it's clearly a bit uneasy. A militant man of principles and an aristocrat/prophet who pines her lost love.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:51 PM   #295
alexondria

How reasonable do you think it would be to have a tether to Blandine a bit North of LA? Something like a small independent studio. They can't afford the real-estate to be located inside of LA or Hollywood. They work almost exclusively with unknowns because that's what they can afford, but by doing so they help people fulfill their dreams of being in the movie industry. Not all their movies are happy, but they almost always focus on real problems in the world and people attempting to tackle them. They have the talent that they could make more money and likely make it big if they would put out standard Hollywood movies, but they have this desire to use their art to push for social change. Possibly with some loose links to UCLA accepting interns.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:42 PM   #296
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexondria View Post
How reasonable do you think it would be to have a tether to Blandine a bit North of LA? Something like a small independent studio. They can't afford the real-estate to be located inside of LA or Hollywood. They work almost exclusively with unknowns because that's what they can afford, but by doing so they help people fulfill their dreams of being in the movie industry. Not all their movies are happy, but they almost always focus on real problems in the world and people attempting to tackle them. They have the talent that they could make more money and likely make it big if they would put out standard Hollywood movies, but they have this desire to use their art to push for social change. Possibly with some loose links to UCLA accepting interns.
I don't see a problem with that, though my first thought was Indy film studio = Creation. UCLA has a nice location for what you describe.

Don't see why not.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:40 AM   #297
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
OOC
Your considerations:
First and most importantly, you have two mortal PC's who need to get there from San Francisco. One of those, Glen, is a skunk in church to most angels which should not be forgotten. Ryuki intends to back out unless the location is very close to San Francisco--partly that's me not wanting to wrangle so many NPC's, but part of that is a small bit of character revelation.
p.s. I'm assuming you're bringing the mortals--Sunae and Glen at the very least, being PC's--into the scene via dreams. Let them know, and I'll do some setup on that.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:18 AM   #298
alexondria

Quote:
p.s. I'm assuming you're bringing the mortals--Sunae and Glen at the very least, being PC's--into the scene via dreams. Let them know, and I'll do some setup on that.
I was thinking of having them all go to the physical side if they agree with Zahirah- they may not about a good place to go. That being said though if we can get the jars to the Marches and the other pcs there via dreams that would be ideal in my opinion.

Mostly Zahirah's thought is that Blandine is soft enough to spare the ones that can be saved, strong enough to kill the ones that need to die, and the most knowledgeable on who will be who among the ethereals they have.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:13 PM   #299
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

I like it, alexondria! Excellent idea!

Out of curiosity (and in case we need a backup plan), does Kane know of any Tethers in the IE?

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:56 PM   #300
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
I like it, alexondria! Excellent idea!

Out of curiosity (and in case we need a backup plan), does Kane know of any Tethers in the IE?
Hmmm--being from the IE I'll have to rack (wrack?) my brain on what's there and what might be tether-worthy. The place is full of some interesting history.

The NASCAR track thought, has to be infernal. I speak from experience there.

Tags
in nomine