Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 10-16-2011, 10:12 AM   #271
RadLilim

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (OOC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexondria View Post
we just need Ashe to have an ambulance of holding
He'll have to ask Yves about that next time they have a one-on-one

Wanna buy one? - Radueriel, Free Lilim
RadLilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:05 AM   #272
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Thanks for the revelation, Madame la GM, I'll respond when I get an opportunity. For what it's worth, I tend to have similar GMing tactics when it comes to putting players in difficult situations. :)

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:09 AM   #273
tHEhERETIC

You keep mentioning the Hearts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
"Can't some of you guys go to your Hearts and take a tether back here?"
I don't know whether canonically there's in-transit in that case, but I'm not ignoring a player push. Okay, there isn't. Any one of those angels could jump back to his Superior's stronghold and the little niche where his/her heart is...and answer some very awkward and pointed questions by some very powerful angels. Which will be hella fun for me to play.

Your move.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:03 AM   #274
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
I don't know whether canonically there's in-transit in that case, but I'm not ignoring a player push. Okay, there isn't. Any one of those angels could jump back to his Superior's stronghold and the little niche where his/her heart is...and answer some very awkward and pointed questions by some very powerful angels. Which will be hella fun for me to play.

Your move.
I don't know and neither does Sunae. It was just a suggestion, lol
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:21 AM   #275
tHEhERETIC

I was going to bring Snark up to date but it's too far behind for me to do, and get my Japanese and ELT homeworks done. So tonight I'll just lay out the scene a little bit.

As far as I know, Glen is back at his book booth, though he could pop back into the action room at any moment.

Ryuki is with Sunae in the side 'action' room in San Francisco, holding onto the briefcase that contains his uncle's wounded ghost. They have her phone they can call out with, and his phone that's on the line to Corat, keeping them connected to the action.

Corat has a phone with Ryuki and Sunae on the other end. The other angels in the room with him can hear the other end, as can DeShawn (the sorcerer's apprentice). He's in a room facing the outside of Kingman's place, with a door to the outside. That door is open while Ash and ?? loads the ambulance full of stuff.

Last I checked Kingman's body is lying in a pool of his blood in the main chamber, where Kane poked him. At some point during the ambulance loading that corpse will end up in the ambulance--be aware it's pretty drippy. Sword through the chest, IIRC.

Kane made a hella noise (presumably, because he used a ton of Essence) to get Uncommon Sense on how to solve their travel problems. Marc's ice cream truck is on the table--will anyone call it?

Just before dying Kingman released a really nasty ethereal. So far it hasn't made any significant Disturbance, but its presence is announced by the local dogs' distress. That sound suggests it's moving away from you.

DeShawn said he'd heard that it won't attack unless 'your friends sell you out'.

Your troubles then:
The ambulance will hold most of the jars, and if you take it out of the steamer trunk and stuff it in nooks you can get the contents of the trunk in there too. The front of the ambulance will hold its driver, a large passenger and a smaller one riding in a little space behind the other two. With the patient section stuffed with stuff though it won't hold any more people.

Travelling in celestial through demon turf is begging to get killed, permanently. Magnified by the fact that two of your party's dissonance conditions prevent them from retreating from a fight.

The ice cream truck can come to you but it may need defended if there are still demons out there despite the rave and bust distraction. As far as I know, no one has looked to see. You can look from your vessel and maybe trust your senses, or look from your celestial form and be sure--but be exposed to celestial attack.

Ryuki and Sunae have arranged for the demons formerly surrounding the place to be distracted by a rave on the other side of town. This should work with any demon not committed to the kill--in L.A. that should be all of them.
If there are any out there, you must dispatch them quickly. Noise will bring other demons who are simply looking for an easy adventure.

Kingman had a set of wards in concentric circles around your location, that held demons out. In theory they should all be busted or worn out by now, but in practice you really can't know unless you get close to the circles and listen for their noise.

Your GM is eager to get on with the main plot, which gains details every time I procrastinate from work. And today the students had Sports Day. So much detail...
Old 10-24-2011, 08:26 PM   #276
tHEhERETIC

It's only Tuesday in the East, it's only Tuesday...

Sorry, stressful couple of days so I'm worrying here. Do you want to fast forward past the Great Escape? On my end it's mostly about how much noise you'll make on the way out, who will wreak damage on whom, and what will happen to that kid. While I'd rather RP it, if the idea of combat is making folks slow to post, I don't mind skipping it.

If however it' s just life and Halloween making you too busy to distract me from my own responsibilities ;) , ignore the above and I'll just wait for you.

Do let me know though.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:40 PM   #277
ladyarcana55

I'm just waiting for an ideal moment to pop in. Otherwise Ryuki is holding the phone while Sunae is fixing her makeup and hair, grumbling all the while. :D
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:59 PM   #278
alexondria

honestly I'm just lacking motivation due to being a grad student around midterm paper time
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:00 PM   #279
Dalillama

Glen hasn't really got a role in this, so I'm waiting for an opportune time.
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:12 AM   #280
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexondria View Post
honestly I'm just lacking motivation due to being a grad student around midterm paper time
Eek! As for me, last night I had a five hour evening after work getting my cat his export papers, and then tonight had a 'field trip' last until 7pm. Just took a painkiller so I don't dare post tonight.

I should get at it tomorrow.

Tags
in nomine