Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 10-28-2011, 12:30 AM   #571
Puck

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Corat laughs quietly and shakes his head, clearly not taking Ryuki too seriously on this. He waves at the angels packing the trucks, and waits until they're all or nearly all on board.

A hand from the truck hands him a longbow and quiver of steel-tips, and this makes Corat a happy angel.

"Okay, there definitely are only three demons right here. I'm going to go vertical and look around to see how many we're facing on the roads." He spares an aside to the ice cream truck driver. "We have enough gas to get to Lancaster?" The driver nods.

Unless anyone objects, Corat goes celestial, a whirl of razorwire with a glowing beating heart who prepares to shoot upward to have a look around.
Mitch watches for a moment calling out "Good luck and God be with you." He nods to Deshawn "Ready to go? Hope you grabed your things because I doubt we're coming back here anytime soon." He clambers into the ice cream truck with a nod and smile to the Solider driving it "Thanks for coming out here."
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:52 AM   #572
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlillama View Post
Glen shrugs and trots back over, towing Bruce behind him. "Locking people up, now?" He asks as he overhears the last bit of the conversation.
"Not people," he gives Bruce a warning look, "demons. Wyatt and friends just took Kingman's jar collection, and they have no idea what they're sitting on. I'm spoken for tomorrow, and I don't want them doing anything foolish tonight. You understand demon trapping and such. If I can arrange it, can you go help them with those? Identify contents, convince them not to open things? They're overconfident right now because they don't know how bad it can get. But you and I know." He pauses to give you his biggest, sweetest dewy-eyed face, not without irony. "Besides, I'd owe you one."

((ladyarcana, be aware he is saying all this in front of Sunae, who might see an obvious complication...))

((DAlillama--you can improvise, or I can send you my thoughts on the matter. If you improvise I'll follow your lead.))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch watches for a moment calling out "Good luck and God be with you." He nods to Deshawn "Ready to go? Hope you grabed your things because I doubt we're coming back here anytime soon." He clambers into the ice cream truck with a nod and smile to the Solider driving it "Thanks for coming out here."
The old soldier seems genuinely touched--a thanks for doing his job, however difficult that job--is rare and not expected.

DeShawn is a bit more callous. "Got my stuff, let's go. You can drop me off a couple blocks north of here--that'll get me home."

Corat zips up into the sky where he can get an excellent view of the area, but where he'd be obvious to anyone looking that direction. He spins once, pauses, and once more before re-materializing on the ground. "I saw four in celestial form, but they were all individuals and headed the other way, towards the barking dogs. They didn't seem to mind the noise I made changing forms at all. I think we can get out of L.A. in one piece today."

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 10-28-2011 at 01:27 AM. Reason: nonbumpiness
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:59 AM   #573
ladyarcana55

Quote:
"Not people," he gives Bruce a warning look, "demons. Wyatt and friends just took Kingman's jar collection, and they have no idea what they're sitting on. I'm spoken for tomorrow, and I don't want them doing anything foolish tonight. You understand demon trapping and such. If I can arrange it, can you go help them with those? Identify contents, convince them not to open things? They're overconfident right now because they don't know how bad it can get. But you and I know." He pauses to give you his biggest, sweetest dewy-eyed face, not without irony. "Besides, I'd owe you one."
"Hold it, hold it, hold it...We don't know him <motioning to Glen>! Specifically...I don't know him. Are you seriously telling me you want him to take possession of these things? Alone? Maybe with his pet demon? After one of the grosser ones have been let loose? Are you nuts?"
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:09 AM   #574
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Kane lends an uncomplaining hand with the busywork of loading up. There's a bit of silent regret at hearing the demons are fleeing - chopping up that Calabite felt good - but he's practical enough to know the job at hand is more important and will deal more of a lasting blow to Evil if they can get everything out

"So where do you want me, captain?" he asks. "In the ambulance, the 'cone zone,' or flyin' shotgun?"

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:43 AM   #575
Dalillama

Quote:
"I'd be happy to," says Glen with a grin "I've wanted a look at his collection for a while myself."
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
"Hold it, hold it, hold it...We don't know him <motioning to Glen>! Specifically...I don't know him. Are you seriously telling me you want him to take possession of these things? Alone? Maybe with his pet demon? After one of the grosser ones have been let loose? Are you nuts?"
Glen's grin gains a bit of a leering character. "Well, I'm free after this little errand, I'd be happy to find someplace private where we could get to know each other better. I suppose you could even come along, but promise not to touch anything without asking."
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 03:04 PM   #576
Puck

Quote:

The old soldier seems genuinely touched--a thanks for doing his job, however difficult that job--is rare and not expected.

DeShawn is a bit more callous. "Got my stuff, let's go. You can drop me off a couple blocks north of here--that'll get me home."

Corat zips up into the sky where he can get an excellent view of the area, but where he'd be obvious to anyone looking that direction. He spins once, pauses, and once more before re-materializing on the ground. "I saw four in celestial form, but they were all individuals and headed the other way, towards the barking dogs. They didn't seem to mind the noise I made changing forms at all. I think we can get out of L.A. in one piece today."
Mitch shakes his head at DeShawn "I'd like you to stick around a bit longer, we may need your help to ID these...things." He glances out the window at the jars being loaded into the ambulance "We need to know what's in them." He adds to the Solider "What's your name sir? I'm afraid I've forgotten."
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:27 PM   #577
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlillama View Post
Glen's grin gains a bit of a leering character. "Well, I'm free after this little errand, I'd be happy to find someplace private where we could get to know each other better. I suppose you could even come along, but promise not to touch anything without asking."
Sunae gives him a look of disbelief and confusion. Then she looks at Ryuki, the look on her face saying

He really has no idea, does he?
Old 10-29-2011, 03:19 AM   #578
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
"Not people," he gives Bruce a warning look, "demons. Wyatt and friends just took Kingman's jar collection, and they have no idea what they're sitting on. I'm spoken for tomorrow, and I don't want them doing anything foolish tonight. ...

Quote:
"Not alone. Just to babysit some angels, who might get it into their heads to open the jars and play baseball with the contents. Bad idea. And out of all the people with the senses and the background knowledge to make that a less than catastrophic idea, there are those I would never ever trust and those I'm okay with to a point when someone can keep an eye on them." He throws Glen a little wink. "And he's in Category 2 there.

"And of course I'm nuts. I threw a party in West L.A. and then let you call the cops on it, and I never even got to attend."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Kane lends an uncomplaining hand with the busywork of loading up. There's a bit of silent regret at hearing the demons are fleeing - chopping up that Calabite felt good - but he's practical enough to know the job at hand is more important and will deal more of a lasting blow to Evil if they can get everything out

"So where do you want me, captain?" he asks. "In the ambulance, the 'cone zone,' or flyin' shotgun?"
Corat is just sure 'cone zone' means something cool and tactical, but he doesn't want to let on that he doesn't know what it means. "Stay corporeal, and since the ambulance is full you can ride with us in the ice cream truck. Or on top of it, if you can secure yourself and have a weapon. That's where I plan to be."

Quote:
Mitch shakes his head at DeShawn "I'd like you to stick around a bit longer, we may need your help to ID these...things." He glances out the window at the jars being loaded into the ambulance "We need to know what's in them."
"I'll try. I think I can remember most of them."

Quote:
He adds to the Solider "What's your name sir? I'm afraid I've forgotten."
"No worries. I'm Gilbert," he extends a handshake. "Gilbert Ashley. And who do I have the honor?" He fires up the truck and checks the mirrors, trying to determine if everyone's on board.

Quote:
Sunae gives him a look of disbelief and confusion. Then she looks at Ryuki, the look on her face saying

He really has no idea, does he?
"Glen." He considers warning the older man against flirting with this one, but changes his mind. "Nevermind, carry on."
Old 10-29-2011, 08:26 AM   #579
ladyarcana55

Quote:
"Not alone. Just to babysit some angels, who might get it into their heads to open the jars and play baseball with the contents. Bad idea. And out of all the people with the senses and the background knowledge to make that a less than catastrophic idea, there are those I would never ever trust and those I'm okay with to a point when someone can keep an eye on them." He throws Glen a little wink. "And he's in Category 2 there.

"And of course I'm nuts. I threw a party in West L.A. and then let you call the cops on it, and I never even got to attend."
Sunae considers it and shrugs

"As long as you know what you're doing. And I never said you were nuts, only that you're a spoiled brat. Big difference, you know."

Quote:
"Glen." He considers warning the older man against flirting with this one, but changes his mind. "Nevermind, carry on."
Sunae just shakes her head
Old 10-30-2011, 10:47 AM   #580
RadLilim

Ash will make sure the back of the ambulance is secure and any passengers riding with him are in and then climb in himself. He will keep sirens and light off for the drive to where ever.

Leaning out the window he tells those in the ice cream truck he'll follow them.

Wanna buy one? - Radueriel, Free Lilim
RadLilim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
in nomine