Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin Collectible Card Game

Old 01-31-2018, 10:48 AM   #21
crestedskew

Default Re: Are there other Hero cards available in the first release?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
What do you want me to say to them, exactly? I'm not going to try to convince them to run weekly drafts, as I'm not likely to make it to one very often, and have no personal knowledge of the level of local interest outside myself. I presume they have a better idea than I how often they should run events. I just check their calendar. There are two events listed. I can't make it to one, but will try to make it to the other.
"Hello my name is Ed, I was wondering if you were planning on running any drafts of Munchkin CCG in the next couple of weeks?"
crestedskew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 10:59 AM   #22
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by crestedskew View Post
"Hello my name is Ed, I was wondering if you were planning on running any drafts of Munchkin CCG in the next couple of weeks?"
Did I mention that they have a comprehensive calendar of events? I'm pretty sure I did. I check that to find the answers to those sorts of questions. And the answer to that question, as of now, is that they have two Munchkin CCG events planned, one of which I can't make, and one of which is not until April. You want me to call and ask a question for which I already know the answer? I'm not seeing the point. If they add more events, I will find out when they add them to the calendar.

I feel like I'm being judged, but I cannot for the life of me figure out why...
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 11:09 AM   #23
Aleph
Administrator

I think the point that crestedskew is trying to make is that the store can't know the demand for a particular type of event unless their customers are expressing to them an interest in such things. If you're the second, or twentieth, person to ask them about it, that is information they can take note of when planning their events.
Aleph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 11:15 AM   #24
crestedskew

Quote:
Did I mention that they have a comprehensive calendar of events? I'm pretty sure I did. I check that to find the answers to those sorts of questions. And the answer to that question, as of now, is that they have two Munchkin CCG events planned, one of which I can't make, and one of which is not until April. You want me to call and ask a question for which I already know the answer? I'm not seeing the point. If they add more events, I will find out when they add them to the calendar.

I feel like I'm being judged, but I cannot for the life of me figure out why...
If no one is ever proactive and doesn't say anything how will anyone know anyone's interest in anything? My closest store has MTG every day. Every day. I stop going years ago cause none of it was of any interest to me. Then board gaming had its resurgence and I came back in and starting talking with people. Now we've got board gaming things going on a regular basis along with the all the other CCG stuff and have Munchkin drafts in the works. You gotta start somewhere. It's great that you know they have something on the books. Better is knowing that you've spoken with your shop and met up with others who share you interest. Maybe someone else already has a deck too and has been looking to play since this weekend. Make a new friend. No judgement dude. Just pointing out sitting on the sidelines never helped anyone.
Old 01-31-2018, 11:33 AM   #25
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by crestedskew View Post
If no one is ever proactive and doesn't say anything how will anyone know anyone's interest in anything? My closest store has MTG every day. Every day. I stop going years ago cause none of it was of any interest to me. Then board gaming had its resurgence and I came back in and starting talking with people. Now we've got board gaming things going on a regular basis along with the all the other CCG stuff and have Munchkin drafts in the works. You gotta start somewhere. It's great that you know they have something on the books. Better is knowing that you've spoken with your shop and met up with others who share you interest. Maybe someone else already has a deck too and has been looking to play since this weekend. Make a new friend. No judgement dude. Just pointing out sitting on the sidelines never helped anyone.
OK, I get where you are coming from. I guess my problem is that I don't want to be misleading in the effort to be "proactive". As a busy father of three school-age kids, I'm not going to be the guy that gets in there a lot to play in drafts. My level of interest is, "I went to the pre-release event with my son, and we both enjoyed ourselves, and will almost certainly be playing the game at home. I'd be open to possibly attending another event VERY occasionally, as time and finances allow." I do want to play in a draft at some point, but my probable level of involvement is low enough that I would feel bad if they took MY expression of interest into account when deciding how often to hold them.

I just feel like, if I'm asking my FLGS about putting on events beyond what they already have scheduled, I'm giving the impression that I would be likely to attend any such events they put on, when in reality I would likely NOT, most of the time. I'd rather they gauge interest in that sort of thing by hearing from the people who WOULD want to show up regularly for such events.
Old 01-31-2018, 11:56 AM   #26
crestedskew

Quote:
OK, I get where you are coming from. I guess my problem is that I don't want to be misleading in the effort to be "proactive". As a busy father of three school-age kids, I'm not going to be the guy that gets in there a lot to play in drafts. My level of interest is, "I went to the pre-release event with my son, and we both enjoyed ourselves, and will almost certainly be playing the game at home. I'd be open to possibly attending another event VERY occasionally, as time and finances allow." I do want to play in a draft at some point, but my probable level of involvement is low enough that I would feel bad if they took MY expression of interest into account when deciding how often to hold them.

I just feel like, if I'm asking my FLGS about putting on events beyond what they already have scheduled, I'm giving the impression that I would be likely to attend any such events they put on, when in reality I would likely NOT, most of the time. I'd rather they gauge interest in that sort of thing by hearing from the people who WOULD want to show up regularly for such events.
That's fair. Hopefully your schedules will align. I imagine extra copies of the goldfish will be wandering about soon enough so you'll be able to play at home at your leisure.
Old 01-31-2018, 01:28 PM   #27
HunterS
Marketing Director

The Goldfish Wanderer won't be hard to get, if that is a concern. Hopefully you do get drafts you can attend near you, however.
HunterS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 02:36 PM   #28
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterS View Post
The Goldfish Wanderer won't be hard to get, if that is a concern. Hopefully you do get drafts you can attend near you, however.
Thanks. I imagine a Draft would be the most FUN way to get it.