Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 01-03-2014, 03:36 PM   #1
Linkavitch

Default Not exactly new to Munchkin, but...

So, concerning keeping cards you can't actually use in front of you and turned...do the same limitations (only two hands, one one set of armor, etc.) apply to the unused items? I played with a new group of people the other day, and they claimed it didn't, saying they were supposed to be in the "belt" and they had multiple headgears, armors, etc, there. Looking at the rules later (I didn't want to make an issue, so I let it drop.) I inferred that you could still only carry the "equippable" number of items, even if you had extras. Is that the case? Sorry if this is in the errata somewhere and I missed it.

Thanks!

Last edited by Linkavitch; 01-03-2014 at 03:53 PM.
Linkavitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:00 PM   #2
Mister Ed

Default Re: Not exactly new to Munchkin, but...

You can carry any number of items (as long as you have no more than one Big item). You can only USE one Headgear, one Footgear, one Armor, and two Hands worth of Hand items. Any items that you CAN'T use, for whatever reason, are turned sideways to indicate this. So you could carry three Headgear, but two would HAVE to be turned sideways. Only one could be used at a time.

The relevant portion of the rules:

Quote:
...you may also use only one Headgear, one suit of armor, one pair of footgear, and 2 "1Hand" items (or one "2 Hands" item)...unless you have a card that lets you ignore these limits. If you are carrying two Headgear cards, for instance, only one of them can help you. You should indicate items that can't help you, or extras not being worn, by turning the cards sideways.

Last edited by Mister Ed; 01-03-2014 at 04:08 PM.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote