Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 03-11-2018, 08:03 AM   #11
wolf90

Default Re: Ogrezine: Rearguard Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Kauffman View Post
My last name is spelled Kauffman. It was spelled Kaufman in the new update. A common mistake.
My apologies!

It has been corrected, both in the Update as well as in my notes.

D.
Proud sponsor of Ogre KS $4.5k Sheet #3 - Bringing the Vatican Guard, a Tiger-striped mercenary unit, and of course pink GEVs, to a game near you! Orders may be placed here.
wolf90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 06:37 PM   #12
dwalend

Quote:
My last name is spelled Kauffman. It was spelled Kaufman in the new update. A common mistake.
I haven't any extra "f"s, but let me know if you can use any extra "l"s or "y"s. I've got boxes full in the basement.
dwalend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 09:09 PM   #13
offsides

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalend View Post
I haven't any extra "f"s, but let me know if you can use any extra "l"s or "y"s. I've got boxes full in the basement.
I'll take one! I could use a spare, since it turns out that we didn't actually lose an 'i' at immigration, but that back in the old country it was considered optional and only used on about 50% of the official documents by dad found on a roots expedition... :)
Joshua Megerman, SJGames MIB #5273 - Ogre AI Testing Division
offsides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 01:31 PM   #14
Tim Kauffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalend View Post
i haven't any extra "f"s, but let me know if you can use any extra "l"s or "y"s. I've got boxes full in the basement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by offsides View Post
i'll take one! I could use a spare, since it turns out that we didn't actually lose an 'i' at immigration, but that back in the old country it was considered optional and only used on about 50% of the official documents by dad found on a roots expedition... :)
ogre wheel of fortune
Old 03-12-2018, 01:38 PM   #15
TheAmishStig

Quote:
ogre wheel of fortune
And now I'm imagining giant pinball spinners with blanks on one side and letters on the other, shot by a cybertank that has VNA spraypainted on the conning tower...
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
TheAmishStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 03:59 PM   #16
Mack_JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_JB View Post
I've got Rearguard printed out and ready to play on my regular Monday game ... I'll let you know how it goes.
So we had our Monday Ogre game today, and played 'Rearguard' twice. Our normal process is to flip sides between games, and play each scenario twice, but this time, my opponent took 'defender' both times as just before the second game he had a different idea for set up.

Game 1, Tango used 4 HVY set up along the eastern roadway as blockers, and the main Zulu force was three SHVY, each with a 2/1 squad riding, then a loose 3/1 INF. These started on the road near the intersection for a speedy exit.
Attacking were the 15 INF, and 8 GEV and 4 HVY. Defender moved Zulu west immediately, using road bonus each turn. Attacker came in with the INF and HVY and wiped up the four Tango units, while the 8 GEV shot west along the northern edge clear path. Eventually the GEV caught up, and wiped out the defenders entirely, mainly by lucky spillover fire on the stacked road-bound units.

Game 2 we used nearly the same force mix, but he set his HVY back mid-board as blockers. I used 10 GEV and 2 HVY. It played out much the same, but as he retreated, he would pause and fight while in the few city hexes. He had some lucky spillover shots, and managed to escape one SHVY off the board, but also wiped out most of the attacking force, for the win on points.

Next week we may try some fuzzy wuzzy style play ...

Last edited by Mack_JB; 03-12-2018 at 04:03 PM. Reason: removed line, answered my own question
Mack_JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 02:48 PM   #17
wolf90

Exactly the feedback I was looking for! Thank you for the action report.
Did you find the scenario engaging?

Everyone - keep them coming!

D.
Proud sponsor of Ogre KS $4.5k Sheet #3 - Bringing the Vatican Guard, a Tiger-striped mercenary unit, and of course pink GEVs, to a game near you! Orders may be placed here.
Old 03-13-2018, 03:06 PM   #18
Mack_JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf90 View Post
Exactly the feedback I was looking for! Thank you for the action report.
Did you find the scenario engaging?
We did have fun, but then, it's Ogre, we always have fun. We did tend to spend way more time before and after analyzing this one, but we do that with other scenarios as well. This one we just did more of.

We also have a sort of weird cooperative play ... "oh, hey, you haven't moved this unit" ... "this guy can still fire" ... "if you do this, you'll have better attacks here" ... those sort of things. We're not out to kill each other, we're gaming for enjoyment.
Mack_JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:56 PM   #19
wolf90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_JB View Post
We did have fun, but then, it's Ogre, we always have fun.
<snip>
We're not out to kill each other, we're gaming for enjoyment.
THIS is why we do what we do! Thank you!

D.