Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 03-29-2013, 01:20 AM   #1
Paull51878

Default Couple of newbie questions

Hi everyone

Im pretty new to Munchkin and would love to ask the following questions please:

1. I have the original Munchkin game. If I buy the expansions, 2 through 8, do I add them to the original game? Wouldnt that make the decks absolutely huge? Or would I add 1 expansion, play it, remove it then add another expansion?

2. The spiky knees card, I know yhou can only have 1 of each item on at a time, like 1 armor, 1 head gear, 1 foot item. What does spiky knees count as? Does it count as a foot gear card or is it seperate and can be plyed with the other items you arfe wearing?

3. I used to play Magic many many years ago and everyone always had their own decks when they play. While playing munchkin, is everyone supposed to bring their own or do they just play using the hosts set? If I am hosting a game at my house, would everyone just use my Munchkin set? If so, Do they bring their own boosters to use with my set if they want to?

Thank you for your time and have a great day

Paul
Paull51878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:35 AM   #2
Clipper

Default Re: Couple of newbie questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paull51878 View Post
Hi everyone

Im pretty new to Munchkin and would love to ask the following questions please:

1. I have the original Munchkin game. If I buy the expansions, 2 through 8, do I add them to the original game? Wouldnt that make the decks absolutely huge? Or would I add 1 expansion, play it, remove it then add another expansion?
The game can be played with any combination of expansions. It's probably a good idea for you to add one expansion at a time so you can get used to the new rules as you add new sets (don't worry, there aren't too many).

Quote:
2. The spiky knees card, I know yhou can only have 1 of each item on at a time, like 1 armor, 1 head gear, 1 foot item. What does spiky knees count as? Does it count as a foot gear card or is it seperate and can be plyed with the other items you arfe wearing?
It's an Item that doesn't take a slot. There is no restriction on how many of these types of Items you may have. For example, you can be wearing both the Spiky Knees and the Kneepads of Allure at the same time.

Quote:
3. I used to play Magic many many years ago and everyone always had their own decks when they play. While playing munchkin, is everyone supposed to bring their own or do they just play using the hosts set? If I am hosting a game at my house, would everyone just use my Munchkin set? If so, Do they bring their own boosters to use with my set if they want to?
Munchkin has very few similarities to Magic and you shouldn't apply any rules from Magic to Munchkin. You all play with the same deck, using whichever boosters and expansions you want to shuffle in before the game, and there is only one set of discard piles too.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:08 PM   #3
Paull51878

Default Re: Couple of newbie questions

Thank you very much for the reply, this helped me out a lot :)

Have a great day

Paul
Paull51878 is offline   Reply With Quote