Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V. > Ogre Scenarios

Old 03-08-2020, 11:35 AM   #1
Dan-C

Default Ogre Battlefields Raid Scenario on G3 Map

My friend and I played this one, and it was quite lopsided. After 8-9 turns he had destroyed nearly all of one city, most of my units, and was bearing down on the second city with the strongpoint/reactor/admin building. There was little I could to to stop him.In retrospect, I could have defended farther back. Also, I should have bought more heavy weapons teams, and for reinforcements bought missile tanks. Those units with their four hex range would have been more useful than the light tanks with a move of 2 and range of 2. It is asking a lot of light tanks and GEV's to stop 8 super heavy tanks.*

Next time my opponent and I are going to try this with the Ogre Mark V option, that may be more balanced.

Lastly if there is anyone in the Seattle area interested in playing Ogre ftf, drop me a line.*
Dan-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 10:18 AM   #2
dwalend

Default Re: Ogre Battlefields Raid Scenario on G3 Map

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-C View Post
... would have been more useful than the light tanks with a move of 2 and range of 2. ...

What slowed them to M2?
dwalend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 08:38 PM   #3
Dan-C

Default Re: Ogre Battlefields Raid Scenario on G3 Map

That is a typo, the light tanks move 3 and have a range of 2.
Dan-C is offline   Reply With Quote