Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 09-20-2012, 02:16 AM   #1
Barcellos

Default Few Doubts

Hi everyone , this is my first post here , i have some doubts

1 - When someone throw a curse like Cursed Thing , and i am Orc , can i
lose the level and cancel the curse or because the curse is throw on ITEM i can't because orc is not the target ?

2 - If i am a Warrior using a Staff of Napalm ( wizard only ) with the card Cheat , and then one thief stolen from me the staff , he gets the Staff with
Cheat and then can use normaly ? Or the cheat goes away ?

3 - When i sacrifice the Hireling , i scape from all monsters or just ONE ?

4 - "The Mask Of Acheron" of Munchkin Conan " say during any combat the wearer of this mask may discard a card from his hand and add the next top monster from the discard into the combat" my doubt is if the monster summoned is ONLY on the top of discard or if don't have monster in the top i can dig the discard pile until find one monster and then he join the battle ?

5 - About Munchkin 6 , i read on manual that i can stay in more than one at same time , but i can't discover if there is a limit of dungeons that i can stay at one time , if i discard 4 cards i can buy one dungeon right ? If in one turn every player does the same , we will stay in 4 dungeon at same time ?

Thanks !
Barcellos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:10 AM   #2
DoomedDuck

Default Re: Few Doubts

3) From the Need for Steed Rules
Quote:
A Hireling can sacrifice himself for you. If you lose a fight, then instead of rolling to run away, you may discard one Hireling and anything he is carrying. You automatically escape from
all monsters in the fight, even if a monster card says escape is impossible. If someone was helping you in the fight, YOU decide whether that person automatically escapes as well, or must roll
to escape.
4) It's the top Monster in the discards, not a Monster that happens to be the top card. Munchkinman confirms this here http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=22
DoomedDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:19 AM   #3
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Few Doubts

I'm just going to answer everything a little more clearly and correctly. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcellos View Post
1 - When someone throw a curse like Cursed Thing , and i am Orc , can i
lose the level and cancel the curse or because the curse is throw on ITEM i can't because orc is not the target ?
The target of a Curse is always a player, who must follow the instructions on the Curse. An Orc that has a Level greater than 1 can avoid any Curse thrown at him by losing a Level.

Quote:
2 - If i am a Warrior using a Staff of Napalm ( wizard only ) with the card Cheat , and then one thief stolen from me the staff , he gets the Staff with
Cheat and then can use normaly ? Or the cheat goes away ?
Cheat! specifically says that when the Item is lost, the Cheat! card is discarded, so it will be discarded in this case. Some cards will go with the Item (and they will say so), but Cheat! is not one of them.[/quote]

Quote:
3 - When i sacrifice the Hireling , i scape from all monsters or just ONE ?
All of the Monsters. To be more correct: All the Monsters that remain. If you are facing several Monsters, and tried to Run Away from one and failed, then choose to sacrifice a hireling, you would still have to suffer the Bad Stuff of the Monster that you failed to Run Away from.

Quote:
4 - "The Mask Of Acheron" of Munchkin Conan " say during any combat the wearer of this mask may discard a card from his hand and add the next top monster from the discard into the combat" my doubt is if the monster summoned is ONLY on the top of discard or if don't have monster in the top i can dig the discard pile until find one monster and then he join the battle ?
The card says the top Monster from the discards, so this means the Monster card closest to the top. You may look through the discards and take the Monster that is closest to the top.

Quote:
5 - About Munchkin 6 , i read on manual that i can stay in more than one at same time , but i can't discover if there is a limit of dungeons that i can stay at one time , if i discard 4 cards i can buy one dungeon right ? If in one turn every player does the same , we will stay in 4 dungeon at same time ?
The rule says that you may discard 4 cards to add a new Dungeon, then you may choose to discard one of the Dungeons that was in play beforehand, but it is not mandatory. So, yes, you could be in 4 Dungeons, or more, at once, assuming everyone wants to discard so many cards and any Portals come up let you keep those Dungeons.

Quote:
Thanks !
No problem!
MiB #1029

Last edited by MunchkinMan; 09-20-2012 at 05:24 AM.
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote