Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-31-2015, 08:54 AM   #31
Not

Default Re: daredevil advantage.

See?

I like that Basic acknowledges that All out attack is suicidal. I wonder if Berserk ought to be considered an aspect of Terminal Illness (and therefore under-priced).
Old 07-31-2015, 09:00 AM   #32
brianfb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not View Post
The two trickiest words in Basic: _or_ and _and_. Nearly every dispute I've ever had involves one or the other.
Berserk I great on a high hit point brute like an ogre. Takes forever to chop one of those down. I dont think its a viable PC disadvantage.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:31 AM   #33
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianfb View Post
Berserk I great on a high hit point brute like an ogre. Takes forever to chop one of those down. I dont think its a viable PC disadvantage.
I took it on a high hit point brute (minotaur barbarian). While I found it very entertaining and I have a fondness for it still, the rest of the group did not really enjoy the experience. I never actually attacked another PC, but my character was a loose cannon and I'm pretty sure there were a few scary moments.

I know my finest Berserker moment was when an enemy archer shot Mrugnak in the eye, and he berserked and chased the archer across the battlefield. Archer was a Heroic archer and shot Mrugnak in the other eye, and Mrugnak still kept chasing the archer across the battlefield thanks to Discriminatory Smell and some Perception checks. And a pile of HT checks. RAAAAAAAAGH!
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 09:37 AM   #34
Not

Hope you took Regeneration.
Old 07-31-2015, 07:16 PM   #35
Bruno

Quote:
Hope you took Regeneration.
No, not available. I think he had more healing potion than blood in his system by the end of the game though.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 08:13 PM   #36
trooper6

Quote:
See?

I like that Basic acknowledges that All out attack is suicidal. I wonder if Berserk ought to be considered an aspect of Terminal Illness (and therefore under-priced).
In the arena game I was in, there were certainly times when AoA was not suicidal...situational, of course, there are ways to engineer safe moments of AoA usage.
trooper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 09:14 PM   #37
simply Nathan
formerly known as 'Kenneth Latrans'

All-Out Attack is a very good option if you have allies around to defend yourself. All-Out Attack (Strong) with a spear to the vitals while your buddy in the front line has Shield Wall Training/Sacrificial Block and takes All-Out Defense.

Friend (or several) up at the monster's head making Defensive Attacks while you make All-Out Attacks from behind.

It's a tactic in your toolbox, not a suicide button.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:48 PM   #38
trooper6

Also, AoA is great when you've stunned your opponent, or if you have reach...or any other number of situations. There are some fighters for whom it makes less to use, and some situations where it is a bad idea...but there are times when an AoA can be the thing that wins the battle.
trooper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 04:06 AM   #39
Carnwennan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.K. View Post
I wouldn't count Parry, Block for Daredevil. They're NOT skill rolls and the section that describes Active Defenses is split from Skills or anything related to them.
I would increase parry/ block if the underlying weapon or shield skill is odd numbered (and would therefore be receiving the +1 on attack rolls), personally. A bit of a house rule, perhaps but one that makes sense IMO.
Carnwennan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
daredevil