Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 08-02-2022, 01:01 PM   #201
vicious Violence

Default Re: SID's Star Wars Campaign (IC)

Vanta scrapes by and succeeds in dodging (dodge 10, rolled 9).
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 03:37 PM   #202
SID

The heroes shelter themselves from the rain of fire and survive to fight another round. The Droid keeps walking towards them, it’ll be in close range on his turn.

An alarm starts ringing, and in sync with your heartbeats, the floor clanks with each step the Death Trooper takes in your direction.

It’s time for Bibingui and Vanta to make their stand.
Old 08-03-2022, 07:35 PM   #203
PumpkinLorica

Bibingui activates BARETTOTAIMU! TWO ATTACKS with her SP Graviton Beam 17/5 and 17/15, and SHE DOES 44 DAMAGE!

Critical hit table 13, "If any damage penetrates DR, treat it as if it were a major wound, regardless of the actual injury inflicted." (о´∀`о)
Old 08-04-2022, 01:30 AM   #204
SID

Bibingui looks at the droid with decision and points her gun towards it. It’s as if time paused for a moment, allowing her to pinpoint vulnerable areas and calculate her success potential to make the dark trooper go away, in a snap. She makes two quick and deadly shots, that in conjunction with Vanta’s previous attacks, seem to damage the droid very badly.

However, it keeps moving, walking towards you, extending its right arm to grab Bibingui by the neck until it stops before reaching her; combat is over, but not before the machine shrieks:

Spoiler:  
The masked man reanimates Lucy, she stands up and rushes to check on you; she asks what’s going on and what she can do. The rest of the people arrive as quickly as Lucy, the masked replies, “I told you, this place is under attack, but let’s listen to our 'magic friends', they might have a different idea of the situation”.
Old 08-07-2022, 10:03 PM   #205
PumpkinLorica

Bibingui suggests that they take the car to escape because she believes that they will lock down the entire sector without knowing it. And she asks Lucy and the masked man where to go and asks them If they want to come . This is to turn off the droid and remove gps if it.Bibingui looking at the droid mmm I want this for myself I'll keep it.ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ Comrades, if it's hot, can you help me load it, please?(⁎⁍̴̆Ɛ⁍̴̆⁎)

Bibingui use:
Electronics 17/6
Electronics 17/12
Hacking 17/12
Hacking 17/9
Old 08-14-2022, 06:17 PM   #206
vicious Violence

Vanta focuses and uses his magick eye (tm) to see where the miasma is least concentrated.

He rolls successfully (11/16).

Let me show you the way.
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 11:49 AM   #207
SID

Without thinking, Lucy walks towards the shuttle and flips it over. Bibingui inspects the droid and in a critical success of electronics she physically disables its tracking systems, as well as its complementary security systems with hacking.

When the Ewok is done, Lucy grabs the droid by its feet and drags it towards the vehicle (it's as if everything she manipulated were cardboard and paper toys). The Ewok tries to help her, but Bibingui’s short legs won't allow her to keep up with Lucy. Already in the vehicle (and having clarified it with PUNKINLORICA) Bibingui uses electronics and hacking to take control of it, achieving her goal.

Lucy makes sure that everyone is on board. For now, everyone seems to agree in leaving the area ASAP in the shuttle; Vanta supports the party by locating sites where the miasma concentration is lower, and still at a disadvantage (-3), he does a good job. And before leaving the masked man comments the following:

"This is a real chaos, but we’ll surely get out of this. I think the ideal would be reaching NAV'S REST, there we’ll find more people and news about this situation, and perhaps they’ll need an extra hand. You better get this piece of junk moving, these shuttles don't accelerate much as a crime prevention measure."

And thus, the party leaves to Nav’s rest (unless you’ve changed your mind).
Old 08-17-2022, 09:49 AM   #208
PumpkinLorica

Bibingui drives the car, lights off to do it stealthily.
Can I run over droids? Jk

Masked comrade how do we call you? How do we get fast to sector X? (with my loot)
Old 08-23-2022, 03:45 PM   #209
SID

Bibingui finds out that the shuttle’s steering wheel was damaged during the first impact, this makes manual driving “unavailable”. She thinks it’s possible to fix it, but that’d take a considerable amount of time. However, the Ewok finds a way around this, she can plug-in her droid to “control” the shuttle; navigation works by entering a route through the droid, and then the shuttle follows it.

She learns that there’s a delay when updating the route, so the shuttle won’t be able to dodge obstacles on the road easily (-5 to driving related rolls). On the bright side, you may stop the car using the manual brake. The maximum speed you can achieve is 30 kmph.

The shuttle is ready to hit Nav’s Rest following Vanta’s weather forecast.

Then man replies:

“The name is Jojoba Jah Yurak, pleased to meet you in this bizarre adventure. So, probably, the only way to leave ASAP and take your loot to section X is using a starship. I can tell you where the “easy” starships are in Nav’s Rest, but whatever you do next depends on you.”

On the other hand, Lucy looks shocked at the sight of the item stored in the baby’s basket. It’s a burnt reliquary…

“Are you friends with the man in armor?”.

And so your ride begins...
Old 08-24-2022, 09:59 PM   #210
PumpkinLorica

Binbingui is interested in starships, tell me Mr. Jojo where are these ships? How do we get there? ( ・∇・)
Bibingui thinks: mm if they stole my ship then I could also steal one, I mean I'm already super wanted in 12 planetary systems ( ̄▽ ̄)

Last edited by PumpkinLorica; 08-25-2022 at 01:55 PM.
PumpkinLorica is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advantage of the week, cyberpunk, magic, martial arts, pbp, powers, sci fi, spaceships, star wars