Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-27-2018, 12:02 PM   #11
tanksoldier

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy 5 - Allies -Bear Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
When I volunteered at Yosemite it was well known that bears could get into cars and do a lot of unexpected things. One had to be careful with storing food in the park.
Thank you for the memories.
My father was a NPS LE Ranger for most of my teen and pre teen years. I grew up in parks all around the west, including Yosemite.

The things I’ve seen tourists do, and the things I’ve heard them say...

...”when do the elk molt into moose?”

Make me wonder how we ended up at the nominal top of the food chain.
tanksoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 04:54 PM   #12
dcarson

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy 5 - Allies -Bear Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
Add in trash pandas and you make it "the overlap between smart people and properly motivated* raccoons"...

* I once watched a heist of raccoons work together to defeat the lock on an ice cooler that had cut water melon in it (they ended up chewing through the plastic hinges to flip it open backwards). When they started stealing the other food from the cooler I decided to interfere (they were not allowed to steal my milk for my coffee and brekkie).
Sometimes they have other species accomplices. Campground my family camped at 40+ years ago for a while had a raccoon and skunk crime team. You'd hear the sound of something trying to break into your food store and when you looked out of the tent there was a skunk between you and the food locker with a just stay in the tent and we'll all be happier look on it's face.
dcarson is offline   Reply With Quote