Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 09:21 PM   #1
beyondlimitation

Default Bottle Bottle

I was just playing The Originally-Blended Super Star Munchkin (Munchkin 1-5, Star, Super, plus Blender) when someone drew the Bottle Bottle card from Star Munchkin. At the top, the L was missing from Level. So, is that a typo with just that card in my deck or is that consistent across all decks. (I didn't see it in the Errata)
Old 08-18-2007, 10:02 PM   #2
morleydotes
Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Bottle Bottle

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyondlimitation
I was just playing The Originally-Blended Super Star Munchkin (Munchkin 1-5, Star, Super, plus Blender) when someone drew the Bottle Bottle card from Star Munchkin. At the top, the L was missing from Level. So, is that a typo with just that card in my deck or is that consistent across all decks. (I didn't see it in the Errata)
Wow, it's the first time I've heard of it.

Pat
Old 11-18-2007, 01:33 AM   #3
Mental_Myopia

Yeah! My "Bottle Bottle" says "evel 4" on it! Weird...

One of my Bounty Hunter cards doesn't say "Class" on the bottom of it, either. It's the photo with the "Ask About Our Low, Low Rates" sign on it. I wonder if I can have another Class in play in addition to this, since this copy of Bounty Hunter doesn't say it's a Class...

My Star Munchkin 1 copy came with Rules Version 1.4 (February 2007)

I've sent the info into SJG, as instructed in this thread:
http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=31350
-------------------------------------

Last edited by Mental_Myopia; 11-18-2007 at 01:44 AM.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:22 AM   #4
Puuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mental_Myopia
Yeah! My "Bottle Bottle" says "evel 4" on it! Weird...

One of my Bounty Hunter cards doesn't say "Class" on the bottom of it, either. It's the photo with the "Ask About Our Low, Low Rates" sign on it. I wonder if I can have another Class in play in addition to this, since this copy of Bounty Hunter doesn't say it's a Class...

My Star Munchkin 1 copy came with Rules Version 1.4 (February 2007)

I've sent the info into SJG, as instructed in this thread:
http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=31350
Just checked mine, and my Bottle Bottle is also "Evel 4". Maybe they are just referring to the fact that "Jar Jar" from starwars was "Evil" (That was what crossed my mind)
Old 08-29-2012, 07:26 PM   #5
Flemroid

Bottle bottle says if you kill him get a face down door too.. if there are 2 people in the battle both get a door for killing him
Old 08-30-2012, 02:45 AM   #6
chrismalenurse

No. The active player gets the face down door card, not the helper.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:49 AM   #7
MunchkinMan

It says that the player who kills him gets the card. Since a helper helps with the killing, but doesn't actually do the killing, from a game stand point, the helper doesn't get a card.
MiB #1029
Old 08-30-2012, 06:27 AM   #8
Pleh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puuka View Post
Just checked mine, and my Bottle Bottle is also "Evel 4". Maybe they are just referring to the fact that "Jar Jar" from starwars was "Evil" (That was what crossed my mind)
doesn't make too much sense. If the monster has "Evil 4" instead of a combat level, then WHAT is it's Combat Level? If so, how do you know what it is? Does it even have a level? If not, how do you fight a monster without a level?

Monster Level is something a little too necessary for the Monster to not have, but if the "Evel" was not a typo, then there'd better be the monster "Level" printed somewhere else on the card.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:12 AM   #9
Flemroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post
It says that the player who kills him gets the card. Since a helper helps with the killing, but doesn't actually do the killing, from a game stand point, the helper doesn't get a card.
Semantics :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puuka View Post
These posts are ridiculously old but mine says "Level 4" so I guess they fixed it in the newer printings
Old 08-30-2012, 01:42 PM   #10
Munchkin King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post
But Andrew Hackard has said that an elf can obtain the winning level by going up to level 10 by helping another player kill a monster. That means that when you help kill the monster, you are killing the monster, since that is the only to win. That implies when you help kill Bottle Bottle, you are actually killing him, and you do get a card.

There might be another way of looking at it: normally only one player gets the level, so normally only one player gets the card, but the letter of the rules, the letter of the card, and precedent rulings do not imply this, and I would go with the former without definitive ruling.
Closed Thread