Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-06-2016, 10:43 PM   #1
starslayer

Default Attack Enhancement- Triggers vulnerabilities: How much

For the most part you can identify your attack 'origin' for free as a special effect.

A PC can have a burning attack and say 'natural sunlight'- which will happily toast vampires (but also be resisted by limited DR: Sunlight)

A PC can have a crushing attack that I specify 'fires silver rocks'- and this will again be great against werewolves.

But what about an attack that triggers ANY, and all, vulnerabilities. Something that if someone with such a power were to fight a werewolf vampire would trigger off both their weakness to sunlight AND their weakness to silver (making for a bad day for the werewolf-vampire).

Obviously this is a positive modification, because it is granting the benefit of an 'element' type, without the penalties, but I'm not sure how much its worth?

My initial thought would be 'cosmic +50%: Triggers vulnerabilities', but I'm not sure- thoughts?
starslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 11:07 PM   #2
Christopher R. Rice

Default Re: Attack Enhancement- Triggers vulnerabilities: How much

Quote:
Originally Posted by starslayer View Post
For the most part you can identify your attack 'origin' for free as a special effect.

A PC can have a burning attack and say 'natural sunlight'- which will happily toast vampires (but also be resisted by limited DR: Sunlight)

A PC can have a crushing attack that I specify 'fires silver rocks'- and this will again be great against werewolves.

But what about an attack that triggers ANY, and all, vulnerabilities. Something that if someone with such a power were to fight a werewolf vampire would trigger off both their weakness to sunlight AND their weakness to silver (making for a bad day for the werewolf-vampire).

Obviously this is a positive modification, because it is granting the benefit of an 'element' type, without the penalties, but I'm not sure how much its worth?

My initial thought would be 'cosmic +50%: Triggers vulnerabilities', but I'm not sure- thoughts?
I kind of noodled with this here. For what you are asking I'd say "trigger all vulnerabilities" is worth +100% - maybe +300% depending on the setting (probably around +200%).

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 02:35 AM   #3
Leynok

Default Re: Attack Enhancement- Triggers vulnerabilities: How much

Another method you can try, though it only works for x2 Vulnerabilities is Accessibility against whatever you want it to work against, and half the limitation value, and then buy it in multiples of 2 levels at a time.
It technically doesn't interact with any vulnerabilities at all, but does x2 damage against the right sort of foes (or half damage against anyone who isn't the right kind of foe, just a perspective change there). I would probably go with Ghostdancer's suggestion, but figured this might still be some food for thought.
Leynok is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
innate attack, vulnerabilities