Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 05-01-2012, 06:45 PM   #291
Ulthar88

Default Re: [OOC] A Stranger Land

Sorry -- some tactical specifics are missing... the sun has just dipped below the horizon, so the light is still good; and target is SM 2... and still seems overly concerned with those roots...
Ulthar88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:47 PM   #292
momothefiddler

sounds good. Well if everyone agrees to wait, imma try to coordinate a surprise attack
momothefiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:45 PM   #293
Stix4armz

I think we were gonna wait until Rorik speared the thing, but if Astrid is moving in closer I don't think anyone will do anything for fear of endangering her.

Speaking of endangering her, sneak attacking a boar with your knife is probably not a really good life decision for Astrid, but she certainly isn't going to hear that from anyone now, because shes already crawling away.

Just so we're clear that was me agreeing to wait.
Stix4armz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #294
Ulthar88

Snarky GM comment: If you want to communicate like this, you're gonna have to make a Gesture roll :)
Ulthar88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:32 PM   #295
Stix4armz

I think that Artemis would be thinking something along the lines of, "What is Astrid doing, trying to get herself killed?" and therefore hold his fire so as not to endanger her. However, there is no way for him to warn her or try to stop her without putting himself in harms way, so shes on her own.

He's a hunter, he'd be content to wait all day for a shot if he needed to, so waiting to see the outcome of Astrid crawling forward isn't a big deal.

You can bet that if the boar doesn't gore Astrid and eat her that Artemis will ream her out for not following the plan they had made beforehand.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:30 AM   #296
Dragyn

Hello everyone.

I've spent some time reading up on your threads here, and I've just finished catching up on the IC thread.

I'd like to ask for a spot in the game, pending the players' and Ulthar's consent.

As I read through the OOC thread, my first desire was to play a sort of Monk/Warrior that fought with two long knives and a longsword, using "visually subtle" Imbuements to add a little supernatural punch to his physical attacks. Then, however, Marcus made the cut, and I figured you could use a little more 'traditional magic' in the group instead of another fighter.

Thus, I've been pondering the following.

A Druid, using the Druid Magic as outlined in Dungeon Fantasy, most notably (and the most likely sticking point) I would like to use the Shapeshifting (Panther, Eagle, and possibly Wolf) and Partial Shapeshifting spells as a signature ability. Other abilities would include some normal druidy utility spells, and the ability to function as a light combatant, most likely with a twin set of long knives (MA 228).

Failing that, likely by Ulthar's veto if I read his world right, I'd like to play a "Normal" mage.. Not sure what kind of specialties just yet, but probably heading somewhere in the direction of a more "classic" fantasy spellcaster.
Dragyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:36 AM   #297
momothefiddler

Stix4armz: She's actually crawling toward you - she's on the other side of the boar.

Ulthar88: I plan to make a Gesture roll, but I don't think I need one yet. All I'm trying to ascertain is if everyone waits - not if everyone is planning to wait. The only thing we need to do to see that is see if they act during the next two minutes. I just figured it'd be easier to ask OOC "Everyone waiting for two minutes?" rather than expect everyone to post IC "_____ stands there watching Astrid for 120 rounds". If someone attacks (and that's reasonable - see my comment to Stix), Astrid will be caught off-guard. That's what she gets for not discussing the plan ahead of time, though.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:21 AM   #298
Skullcrusher

My plan is to have rorik allow the others to get a couple seconds of aiming in. Step out into the open. Aim himself while allowing the thing to charte him. Hopefully we down it before it reaches him.

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:42 AM   #299
Stix4armz

Oh yeah, I forgot that Astrid was on the other side of the boar. In that case it's doubtful that Artemis can even see what shes doing, so as soon as Rorik attacks in a few seconds he's gonna open fire as well. (Of course since Rorik just failed his stealth roll to take one more step forward, its probably about to be on right now anyways)

Dragyn - I said before that I wouldn't mind having up to 6 players, so lets see that druid. Just remember to go back to the first page of this thread and take note of Ulthar's rules for how he wants the characters built beforehand, that way we don't have to critique things that already should have been done.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:36 AM   #300
momothefiddler

See, there we go. No gesture rolls needed anyway!

We'll all act shortly after Rorik, I assume. Here's a tactical question that doesn't apply quite yet but soon will determine my action, so I'll (try to) save time by asking now: Once the boar notices Rorik and Rorik does what he does (i.e. once it's my turn), does the boar's body block a shot at its eye?

Tags
a stranger land