Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 04-10-2011, 10:04 AM   #1
JCurwen3

Default Malphas's Shedim Band Attunement

It says that his Shedim "drive away their host's minds entirely and need no Will rolls to assert control".

Am I correct in assuming that this means that their hosts won't "remember" what the Shedite did while in possession of their bodies (since they technically weren't around, or were for all functional purposes unconscious)?
Old 04-10-2011, 10:34 AM   #2
robkelk
Untitled

Default Re: Malphas's Shedim Band Attunement

I believe so, yes.

It's very much like the Kyriotate resonance sending the host's mind to The Marches, and those people don't remember what the Kyrio did afterwards.
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:28 PM   #3
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

It sounds like in this case, they literally factionalize the mind ... the host goes off into a sealed vault somewhere while the Shedite runs rampant.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:57 PM   #4
JCD

I wonder what the incidence of multiple personality disorder is in former Shedim 'horses'.
JCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:58 PM   #5
Matthias Wasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
It sounds like in this case, they literally factionalize the mind ... the host goes off into a sealed vault somewhere while the Shedite runs rampant.
I kinda dislike the Attunement choice for this reason. Politics is what you get when there are three or more people present, but this power makes it as though there's only an un-factiony one.
Matthias Wasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:09 AM   #6
Azel

It definitely leaves clean up duties to the poor 'horses' afterwards, doesn't it? Must be pretty horrible when someone tells you to do something (or signs off the forms) and then later comes back with "I do not recall." Put that on both sides, where each party witnesses the other, and later fights based on "can't remember" v. "I just saw you do it!" and it's very Faction-fun.

Probably more of a results-based resonance, than a flavor-based one. The faction ends justify the lone decision maker means. That and Malphas is more about everyone becoming a faction of one, of isolation, not so much about the interaction known as politics. He just excels in causing chaos in such a milieu. Doubting your own mind (or your friends'), with all those amnesiac gaps, definitely sounds like the sort of mistrust factions would enjoy.

edit: I can just see it now, a lapse of Malphas being honest, "I don't care whether you talk to anybody, or your memories make sense, or you chose your own descent into darkness. I just care that you break. Into little pieces. To be left all alone. Forever. Trust me... you'll like it!"

Last edited by Azel; 04-11-2011 at 03:18 AM. Reason: heh, bit o' inspiration worth adding
Azel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
band attunement, host, malphas, shedim