Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Old 06-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #1
steam_bucky

Default Any updates from the secret car wars kick starter

Hello SJgames staff,

Any updates on the secret kickstarter? There were a few things previously, but there seems to nothing here now - what news can you share?

: )
steam_bucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:21 PM   #2
griffon8

Default Re: Any updates from the secret car wars kick starter

I'm pretty sure the only thing I can tell you is that no polls have closed since the last update.

My guess would be that everyone is trying to get Ogre ready to go, along with gearing up for the summer convention season.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:46 AM   #3
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Yes, Ogre wins. I can only do so much in 50 to 60 hour weeks. Sorry this isn't moving faster, but once Ogre is completely finished then Car Wars will start to get a lot more attention.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:48 AM   #4
offsides

Slow and steady wins the race. Experience says that even if it takes a while, you guys will do right by us, because that's who you are.
Joshua Megerman, SJGames MIB #5273 - Ogre AI Testing Division
offsides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:08 PM   #5
Gnomemullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinR View Post
It's probably worth a reminder that Ogre is still taking Phil's attention -- he is going to be on-site in China during assembly in July/August, and probably won't be able to focus on Car Wars until Ogre is on the boat.

Also, Car Wars is not going to be ready any time soon. See Phil's comments here:

Note that, despite my title, I know nothing officially and do not speak for SJGames. My sources on this are the same ones available publicly, along with the dearth of polls on the private Car Wars forum already noted by griffon8.
2015!! My God! Do you realize there is a small statistical chance I could die before then?!?
Can someone official at least say whether or not the Kickstarter will be live before the end of 2013? I'm no longer allowed to check Kickstarter daily and don't want to be caught with my pants down when it does goe live. Considering I'm currently prepping two Car Wars events for a convention two weeks from now, I can't stress how important this Kickstarter is to me.
Gnomemullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:28 PM   #6
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnomemullet View Post
2015!! My God! Do you realize there is a small statistical chance I could die before then?!?
Can someone official at least say whether or not the Kickstarter will be live before the end of 2013?.
Cannot confirm that, but 2013 is unlikely.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:06 AM   #7
Kolbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
Cannot confirm that, but 2013 is unlikely.
Just as well. Gives me time to save up, since I will be throwing money at my monitor... in fist-fulls...
Kolbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:23 AM   #8
zombietots

I just started playing Car Wars for the first time ever with my son (He's in College). We are using the 2nd edition deluxe box and Hot Wheels, because Hot Wheels are cool!!! I can't believe that in my almost 30 years of gaming that I never came across this awesome and fun game before. I am very interested in the Kickstarter and can't wait to see the new version. I am a bit confused on all the editions that are out. Can someone explain the difference in editions and which one is probably the best and why is it the best?
zombietots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:37 AM   #9
kjamma4

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombietots View Post
I am a bit confused on all the editions that are out. Can someone explain the difference in editions and which one is probably the best and why is it the best?
Go into this knowing that everyone has opinions and they are like ........

Welcome to you and your son to this game.
kjamma4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:21 AM   #10
juris

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjamma4 View Post
Go into this knowing that everyone has opinions and they are like ........

Welcome to you and your son to this game.
+1 There really is only two versions: original CW and 5th Edition. There were many minor modifications to the original game that ultimately led to the 2.5e Compendium (confused yet?). The compendium can be purchased from e20, although I'd just stick to the box set you have since the compendium is a rules enema (not for beginners).

The 5th Edition came out and radically simplified the game. 5th Ed is a
different game that is not really compatible without hacking the game. Many CW people despise 5th as 'dumb', but others like it because of its simplicity. Either way 5th was not a commercial success, and now SJG is trying again after 20 years which is very exciting :)
juris is offline   Reply With Quote