Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 05-07-2011, 04:56 PM   #2861
Puck

Default Re: In Nomine: The Mile Higher Club (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexondria View Post
She would chuckle, "Ok, you brave the dragon and maybe we'll get sleeping beauty."

(sorry no internet where I"m going so I won't even be able to check the forums after this)
Mitch smiles "Brave man. Go ahead."
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 06:21 PM   #2862
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexondria View Post
She would chuckle, "Ok, you brave the dragon and maybe we'll get sleeping beauty."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch smiles "Brave man. Go ahead."
Marty laughs as he opens the door. "Hey sleepyhead."

"I don't want an MRI," a voice whines from under the covers. He's apparently not awake.

"You've got company."

He rolls over and pokes an eye out from under the covers. "Oh hey." While he's not quite awake, he seems rather pleasant. Then he realizes he's not decent for having company. "One second." He looks around and notices his clothes folded up on the floor near the bed...but near enough?

Ryuki leans out of the bed, artfully dragging the blanket behind him. To no avail--the pile of clothes is inches out of his reach, and he knocks a salt shaker off the nightstand in the attempt. It hits the ground with a thud, the unscrewed lid spilling salt all over the floor.

Ryuki sits up, doing his best to ignore the chaos. He looks at the time and groans, pulls the blanket up, and smiles politely. "Good morning. Come on in--what's on your mind?"
Old 05-09-2011, 04:46 PM   #2863
Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Marty laughs as he opens the door. "Hey sleepyhead."

"I don't want an MRI," a voice whines from under the covers. He's apparently not awake.

"You've got company."

He rolls over and pokes an eye out from under the covers. "Oh hey." While he's not quite awake, he seems rather pleasant. Then he realizes he's not decent for having company. "One second." He looks around and notices his clothes folded up on the floor near the bed...but near enough?

Ryuki leans out of the bed, artfully dragging the blanket behind him. To no avail--the pile of clothes is inches out of his reach, and he knocks a salt shaker off the nightstand in the attempt. It hits the ground with a thud, the unscrewed lid spilling salt all over the floor.

Ryuki sits up, doing his best to ignore the chaos. He looks at the time and groans, pulls the blanket up, and smiles politely. "Good morning. Come on in--what's on your mind?"
"Fear not" Mich says cheerfuly "I am in no way qualified to give anyone an MRI. We're just hear to see how you're doing. Oh, and to find out if you want your err totems, is that what you called them, back" He holds out the spent bits that Ryuki used yesterday.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:00 AM   #2864
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
"Fear not" Mich says cheerfuly "I am in no way qualified to give anyone an MRI. We're just hear to see how you're doing. Oh, and to find out if you want your err totems, is that what you called them, back" He holds out the spent bits that Ryuki used yesterday.
The MRI comment confuses him a moment, but he shrugs it off. "I'm okay," he says, though the red in his eyes belies that a bit. "You won't mind too much if I stay in bed in a little longer? Like, 'til noon?" He watches your faces to see if catch the significance. Marty doesn't, just sits on the other end of the bed enjoying the conversation.

"Totems, no. That's something else. No, these? I can't use them--they're finished." He looks at the sliced-up remains of his red shirt. "This one obviously. But it's probably a good thing you picked them up. Some unfriendly individual might have grabbed them and tried to reverse-engineer what I'd done there."

He pauses a minute, feigns modesty and fusses with the blanket when he's clearly watching for your reaction.

Poor seraph, your resonance: Pants on fire, surprised? "I'm okay"--is a polite lie. "Noon" is fudging, and "can't use them" reeks of deception. The rest of it has enough wink/poke it doesn't read as a lie, per se.
You're just lucky the rules don't say "Dissonance for knowingly listening to bullsh--"

And Bright, your resonance as I see it: Needs, assuming you're reading them--he needs to be clean, to get his senses back to a normal place.
Does Zahirah know anything about Shinto?

Note in the OOC thread, non-bumped.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 05-14-2011 at 05:09 AM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 01:39 PM   #2865
Puck

Quote:
The MRI comment confuses him a moment, but he shrugs it off. "I'm okay," he says, though the red in his eyes belies that a bit. "You won't mind too much if I stay in bed in a little longer? Like, 'til noon?" He watches your faces to see if catch the significance. Marty doesn't, just sits on the other end of the bed enjoying the conversation.

"Totems, no. That's something else. No, these? I can't use them--they're finished." He looks at the sliced-up remains of his red shirt. "This one obviously. But it's probably a good thing you picked them up. Some unfriendly individual might have grabbed them and tried to reverse-engineer what I'd done there."

He pauses a minute, feigns modesty and fusses with the blanket when he's clearly watching for your reaction.

Poor seraph, your resonance: Pants on fire, surprised? "I'm okay"--is a polite lie. "Noon" is fudging, and "can't use them" reeks of deception. The rest of it has enough wink/poke it doesn't read as a lie, per se.
You're just lucky the rules don't say "Dissonance for knowingly listening to bullsh--"
Mich nods "I'm not supprised you drained yourself." He glances at the totems and places them down on the bedside table. "I don't know much about your...skills, but they are hard work. Would you like a top up so to speak?"

OOC: Offering to give him a few essence in other words.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:23 PM   #2866
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Mich nods "I'm not supprised you drained yourself." He glances at the totems and places them down on the bedside table. "I don't know much about your...skills, but they are hard work. Would you like a top up so to speak?"

OOC: Offering to give him a few essence in other words.
He has to think about that a second. It's not (just) that he's still shaking sleep out of his brain. He has to consider whether he can handle another flavor at this point. He decides he can, to get rid of the little curse. He leans forward to receive it. His body language tells you he's done this before, many times, and knows what to expect. You can also see that his shoulder is back to normal.

"Yes, I'd like that. Do you guys also get colossally bad luck when you run dry?"*

He accepts the essence with a leonine shake of the head. It apparently feels good, and he sits up a little straighter when it's done.

*this bad luck streak is a game mechanic, though it will take me a minute to look it up. I honestly don't remember whether it's just for sorcerers, just for humans, or for anyone who spends Essence.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:59 AM   #2867
alexondria

Zahirah would nod, "we can I believe, but it's not guaranteed like it is for you. And I'm sure we could let you sleep longer if you like. I just wanted to make sure you were ok after everything that happened yesterday."

(don't take what she's saying as canon- my books are packed and it's from memory so I might be wrong and thus she might be wrong)
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 03:37 PM   #2868
Puck

Quote:
He has to think about that a second. It's not (just) that he's still shaking sleep out of his brain. He has to consider whether he can handle another flavor at this point. He decides he can, to get rid of the little curse. He leans forward to receive it. His body language tells you he's done this before, many times, and knows what to expect. You can also see that his shoulder is back to normal.

"Yes, I'd like that. Do you guys also get colossally bad luck when you run dry?"*

He accepts the essence with a leonine shake of the head. It apparently feels good, and he sits up a little straighter when it's done.

*this bad luck streak is a game mechanic, though it will take me a minute to look it up. I honestly don't remember whether it's just for sorcerers, just for humans, or for anyone who spends Essence.
Mitch lets him have two essence and looks pleased that he seems to feel better afterwards. "So, what are your plans after you get out of the hospital?"
Old 05-15-2011, 08:49 PM   #2869
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Mitch lets him have two essence and looks pleased that he seems to feel better afterwards. "So, what are your plans after you get out of the hospital?"
He looks puzzled. "I don't plan to check into the hospital. The MRI I might get when I get back to San Francisco, depends on what the neurologist says. I'm under doctor's orders to check in with him anytime I have an unscheduled unconsciousness, to make sure I haven't scrambled anything. Ever since the one time...but I think I told you that story. Exorcised an Impudite, didn't realize she had a Djinn attached, got conked in the head with a heavy object for my trouble."

He thinks a moment, noticing the salt pile again and wondering how gauche it would be to toss a few grains over his shoulder. Cleaning up wasn't an issue--hotel housekeeping would take care of that. "But I've got some cleaning up to do, make my insides stop flip-flopping and my head stop ringing so much. And at some point I've got to contact..." he stops, realizing he's almost tipped his hand.

He takes the 'totems' and lays them out in front of Mitchim and Zahirah. "You aren't the least bit curious about these? Your bosses aren't the least bit curious?"
Old 05-16-2011, 05:39 AM   #2870
alexondria

Quote:
He takes the 'totems' and lays them out in front of Mitchim and Zahirah. "You aren't the least bit curious about these? Your bosses aren't the least bit curious?"
Zahirah looks at him, "If you want to tell me you can, but I won't try and force your hand. I trust you."
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
in nomine